Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

Still no update on wi-fi calling on s8? Have set up by texting"calling" and I am now active but no settings on phone yet

@Adzkyle

If you go onto live chat ask them to send over the configuration messages once they send them install them then turn phone off and on. Should take about 15 to 20 mins.

Thanks. Did that and they activated it for me. Told me to wait 15 minutes then reboot. Done that but still don't see a wi-fi option anywhere

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wifi calling seems to be off more than it's on at both work and home (where it currently does not work at all) I thought it would of worked 24/7 like the iPhone 6/7 does but this looks to not be the case.

I hope when I need to use it (my brothers house has zero reception so this is a must for me) that it works right away and more importantly stays working.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Adzkyle We'd like to take a closer look into this for you. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

@Anonymous When switched on in your settings, Wi-Fi Calling will allow the phone to automatically connect the call over Wi-Fi or the internet to the mobile network in places where the coverage is poor or non-existent. If you experience any issues with using Wi-Fi Calling in these areas, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all,

To confirm, as the Samsung S8 and S8+ are both compatible with Wi-Fi Calling, if anyone's continuing to experience issues with activating this and you're on an eligible bundle, please ensure you have the most up-to-date software.

You'll then need to text CALLING free on 97888 to add Wi-Fi Calling to your phone. You should then receive a confirmation text to state that this has been added to your account. 

This can take 24 hours to process.

If you experience issues after completing these steps, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Wifi working is active however my phone dips in and out of wifi calling even though I am on a stable wifi connection. I also seem to get the wifi calling icon sometimes when I am on 4G wierdly. Any have any similar issues?

@boodsmaster wrote:

Wifi working is active however my phone dips in and out of wifi calling even though I am on a stable wifi connection. I also seem to get the wifi calling icon sometimes when I am on 4G wierdly. Any have any similar issues?

This is normal. Vodafone implement it so that wifi calling only comes on when the signal is weak. This applies to 3g or 2g and not 4g because at present phone calls are on 2 or 3g.

Can I assume that the one way calling has been fixed now ?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@paulkerdot Are you referring to the issue previously mentioned - where the caller could hear but the other person couldn't?

Or are you referring to making calls on Wi-Fi, where the recipient's connected to the mobile network?

@Alex I think he is mentioning the one where the caller can hear but the other person cant which i have as well.

Is this one fixed ??