Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mimo2000

What's the issue that you're having with Wi-Fi calling?

Is it since you've updated your software?

Thanks

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established

Hi @Carly 

The issue all of us on here are having when we use wifi calling to make a call the other person can't hear us talk even thou we can hear them just fine.

I've been told it's nougat software but I don't belive it to be that as other people who I've spoken to using Samsung's s8 & s8+ on other networks running nougat are having no trouble what so ever. I know vodafone have implemented a new network secure for the phone's and I'm just wondering if that's causing the problem because it only seems to happened since that's been put on i think. 

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

To be fair I was having similar issues with WiFi calling and Vodafone said it should be working but it wasn't but then I got a Samsung update and Wi-Fi calling appeared 

I'm not saying there is no fault but it was interesting that it was fixed Nithya Samsung update 

Maybe a software clash I've no idea but I have noticed that it is getting resolved

Admittedly a bit slow but that was down to Samsung 

Sorry for asking but you are on the correct bundle 

I meet new people all the time through being a musician and when the gear talking starts mostly about vintage guitars, amps valve or the latest modelling tech someone always pulls there phone out comparing tuners and various musician apps and I've come across a few who have been trying to get Wi-Fi calling and there are more who are not on the correct bundle that offers it or there device doesn't support it than there are that people can get access to it 

There is a problem somewhere but it is finding that little glitch is obviously causing them problems and surely if they could press a button and all is well it would of been pressed a while back 

I had the issue myself and from what I can see this issue is using a lot of Vodafone's resources and I've followed loads of threads on here and to be fair they take each one as a never before heard problem 

That's why when I got mine because of what they had already done for me that I was unaware of as soon as my signal disappeared in my ma's village WiFi calling popped into action and I don't need to miss 2 days of calls any more 

The signal is that bad in that area (middle of nowhere) for all networks if your in the front garden on the phone next time they pass  I always get asked what network am I on or how did you manage to make a call with no signal

Strange but true

I'm on Red entertainment bundle m8 so Wi-Fi calling is part of my plan.

Hi SKYMAN513

To be honest this has been going on for months now not only that i thought that they would test phone using there software for any faults before releasing it and if there any bugs in which they didn't find and we did we would report it for them to be fixed.

I think I've had 2 software updates since notifying them of wifi calling and always got told it be fixed in next software update. As you can see it ain't.

I know what your saying about the plan I'm on red plan and qualify for wifi calling.

I would like to know if anyone here is using a vodafone SIM on an unlocked s8 and to see if wifi calling works when making a call.

Reason i ask that if it works then it might be the software that vodafone have on the phone could be the issue if not then it's more likely to be something there end that's stopping wifi calling going out like port blocking or something.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Yes your right you have had a few updates so at the most I would of thought you would of had it resolved.

hopefully one of the VODA moderators will throw you a line when they see how long you've waited  and others have had there's resolved 

Angry is not the word I'd like to use it will do  if I had that device had didn't have by now I wouldn't pleased any way to pay the least😠

Good   luck any way bud✌

@Tash wrote:

@Mimo2000 Thanks for letting us know. So we can continue with our investigation, please reply back to our latest email and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

@paulkerdot Our team will be happy to help if you're still experiencing this issue. So we can check on the progress of this for you, please let us know the reference number you received in the automated email response (similar to #12345678).

I dont have any reference, Anyway, its not a fault thats only affecting me, its affecting others too. Please just get the correct team to deal with it. This has been going on way too long, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is definitely dragging on far longer than it should...

This is what i am being told by Vodafone online chat, but i think i am being fobbed off, my phone is directly from voda.

"We are coming across these queries where customers are unable to access Wi Fi calling on Samsung devices like S6, S7 and S8 after the nougat update.

We are working hard with Samsung to get this issue sorted as son as possible as a lot of Samsung customers are querying about the same.

Samsung will soon be releasing a new update to fix this issue and then Wi Fi calling will be accessible on all the top end Samsung models."

I got a call this morning from the twitter help team. She said the same thing. Waiting on a software update. If this were apple, it would have been fixed weeks ago.