Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

What the symbol flashes up on your phone then disappears? That's normal thats what its supposed to do it appears when your phone signal is weak and it's telling you that Wi-Fi calling is ready if needed. Cannot answer your other part about the Vodafone app on your internet sorry. I'm sure someone can help you.

Thx adiwilko 

But when connected to home internet and using Wi-Fi calling the symbol should show up all the time and also when you make calls. My signal at home goes down to 2 to 1 bar but Unfortunately my Wi-Fi symbol shows for a second or 2 then disappears. Been on phone to Vodafone they think it's a fault with my phone 

Sorry it should of said thx not *the*

I originally didn't have even the option for Wifi calling on my S8 and after speaking to Vodafone customer service  people who spoke to the tech dept they said they had done all they could and it was definitely a hardware fault with the phone. I was told to call Samsung and take it up with them. Handy. 

Haven't had time to do that as it would involve taking it into a store, etc. However after the last software update on Sunday....Lo and Behold, the Wifi calling icon is now there! Yay!

But like everyone else, no-one can hear me. 

##~## is going on??! Voda there are clearly some phones that can use wifi calling(unless people on here are lying) and some that don't. There must be a reason why - a software issue. And if you can't understand why there is an issue with some phones will you just replace our handsets with ones that can use the service?

It's really that simple surely?

Well just an update been talking to Vodafone and I have to take phone to shop as it seems to be a fault with the phone.

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

just called Customer Relations team to be told issue is fixed so have just tried to make a wifi call and it seems to have worked the other party can hear what i'm saying 

Are you using home Wi-Fi to make the call?

@Mimo2000 Yeah just used my Sky Broadband WIFI to make a 10 min call and it seem to work 

That's good glad you got your one sorted. Gotta take mine back to shop as mine is not connecting to Wi-Fi calling even when i have switched on been told it's still software issue even thou I reset the phone 😯

let us know how you get on @Mimo2000