Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

Sure will.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mimo2000 Please keep us updated with this.

@GoonerEm So we can take a closer look into this for you, please reply to the latest email from our team from 1 June. We'll then be in touch to help you further.

@bazjohn11 Thanks for updating us, I'm glad to hear this is now working for you. If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established

Hi all just an update 

Well i went to my local Vodafone shop and went in and had a chat regarding my problem.

They were really nice people but they said first thing to do was change SIM which i agreed with but the problem i had there if it still didn't work i would have to send my phone off to be looked at but couldn't give me a phone to use as a replacement as they never had any.

Now the problem i have is my father in law who has cancer is travelling to London a few times this week and I need a phone that has WiFi calling.

Anyway I tried the SIM still no luck so only option i had to was to flash my phone didn't want too but in my case I had no choice.

But now my Wi-Fi calling calling is working.

I have not even got the wifi calling feature shown on my recently purchased Samsung S8 plus from Vodafone. I text CALLING to 97888 to activate the feature and got a response saying it would be activated in 24 hours, that was 3 days ago and nothing. This was the 2nd time I tried that.  Powered off and on and have the latest firmware release.

Can Vodafone or someone please advise.  (I am currently on holiday in France if that makes any difference but have a very strong wifi router here.)

Help.

If you goto online chat and say to them that you have not got the WiFi calling option on your phone and say to them that you have texted the number with the word calling 3days ago still not showing they should refresh your account with WiFi calling enabled.

Thanks. I checked my account online and it shows activated. currently talking to Vodafone support online but first they were unsure . Now come back and say Nought update switched feature off. I suspect he meant Nougart Android update. He has turned it back on again but so far nothing showing under Phone, three dots menu. They are still thinking about it..

Yeah I would Gove it 30mins then restart phone. 

unfortunately nothing has fixed the issue. The wifi calling feature does not even show up in the phone settings menu.

Sorry to hear that only other thing you can try is a new SIM card.

This is Vodafones response.

Hello,

We?ve just investigated the fault you are experiencing with wifi calling. Your phone is currently running the latest version of Android (Nougat) which regrettably is currently incompatible with wifi calling, as soon as an update is released to Android wifi calling will resume normal service on your phone.

Regards,