Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

Unyet, I have the s7 which is also running the latest version of android Nougat and although wifi calling wasn't working when I got the phone (there was no sign of it anywhere) a quick call to Vodafone and hey presto the wifi calling toggle appeared in the CALL settings (see my other posts) and Bingo ... I was making my first wifi call.

So if it's specifically a problem with Nougat as it seems you are suggesting then how come I have it?

or is it a problem specific to the s8?

Maybe i'm missing something here??

I must admit I am confused.  I can only tell you what Vodafone technical team have said and that the feature is not on my Samsung S8 plus.

Risk99
2: Seeker

Step 1 get Vodafone to activate wifi calling on your account. 

Step 2 Go to Settings then Apps then select "Show system apps" from pull down menu. then scroll down to where you will finally find the android wifi file. 

Click the file and turn on the permissions at the bottom.

Step 3 go to this you tube link follow instruction https://youtu.be/00ZT_Uqf5AE

Thank me later

Risk99

@jacko20jj

Step 1 get Vodafone to activate wifi calling on your account. 

Step 2 Go to Settings then Apps then select "Show system apps" from pull down menu. then scroll down to where you will finally find the android wifi file. 

Click the file and turn on the permissions at the bottom.

Step 3 go to this you tube link follow instruction https://youtu.be/00ZT_Uqf5AE

Thank me later

bestusefultips
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Steps to enable Wi-Fi calling on galaxy S8 and galaxy S8 plus. Wi-Fi calling use to text & video call from indoor locations where cellular signal poor in your galaxy S8 device.

Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi calling > Enter address, city, state & other details > Ok > Enable Wi-Fi calling

Quickly turn on / turn off Wi-Fi calling on Samsung galaxy S8 and galaxy S8 plus:

Swipe down from the notification bar > Wi-Fi calling

Great if wifi calling actually showed up in settings.  It shows up under system Apps but is cannot be made active.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nigelstgeorge So we can take a look into this for you, I've sent you a private message.

Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

@nigelstgeorge - your Wifi Calling you see under System Apps is simply the app / service that is used when using WiFi Calling.

Basically, for wifi callin to work, you need -

1 - A phone and Firmware that supports it (you have this, as WiFi calling shows under System Apps)

2 - WiFi supported and enable on your network (Vodafone does support it and I assume you have confirmed it's enabled on your account)

3 - The phone model and firmware (more specifically, the CSC Code configured on your phone's firmware) need to be supported by Vodafone - this requirement could be an issue for people that purchase phones from other countries or from other networks and then use a Vodafone SIM in them

4 - Your phone to 'realize' that WiFi Calling is enabled on your SIM card (as I said, for this to happen for me, I had to get Vodafone to DISABLE WiFi Calling on my account and then enable it again)

I assume that 1 to 3 are all valid for you, so let VodaFone custoemr support assist you further, as per the private message they sent you. I really hope it's as simple as toggling WiFi Calling off and then on again on your SIM (with some time inbetween for your phone to register the change - as per my post earlier).

If you get it working, please do let us know how you did it. Good luck !!

My current devices -

Galaxy S8 Duos (SM-G950FD)

Galaxy Tab A6 10.1 (SM-T585)

Hi Natasha.  Certainly items 1-3 are ticked as it was a Vodafone supplied phone and the App is showing.

Vodafone has confirmed twice it is turned on.  Here is the hazy bit - if i go into my Vodafone account online and look at my services I can turn Wifi Calling on and off.  I have done this and nothing changes.   I have not as yet actually got Vodafone to turn it off and then on again later.  I will try.

If you're replying to me, then my name is not Natasha 🙂 Natasha is the post before me, and I think works for Vodafone. Natasha would probably be the best person to assist you with them actually disabling it on your account (them doing it is different toyou doing it using your online account) - I was just pointint out the things I had found during my time getting WiFi calling working on my phone. That said, my phone is actually a Singapore sourced phone and I was able to get WiFi calling working with my Vodafone SIM, so I think you have a good chance of getting it working with Vodafone Customer Support's help.

My current devices -

Galaxy S8 Duos (SM-G950FD)

Galaxy Tab A6 10.1 (SM-T585)