main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

wifi calling s8 plus

12: Established

Has anyone here got there phone from the  vodafone shop on release date not a pre order.

If so can you have a look to see if you have wifi calling on your phone.

View more options
3: Seeker

on the home screen press phone then up top left press the three dots (menu)

then settings scroll down to wifi calling then turn on this worked for me  mine on ee

View more options
3: Seeker

Note: Make sure your phone is connected to WiFi.
From the home screen, tap Phone.
Tap the Menu icon.
Tap Settings.
Scroll to and tap the WiFi calling switch to enable

View more options
10: Established

Still not showing here 

View more options
7: Helper

Your on EE... how is that helpful on A Vodafone forum? Lol

View more options
Administrator

Hi All,

Keep an eye out on our Wi-Fi Calling page for any updates. 

View more options
10: Established

2017-04-30.png

well it does say that i have wi-fi calling in the e-mail i've just got but it also says that I'm the Red+ leader but i'm not so it's not a  good start really 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi. If you got your phone direct from Samsung then it will work, mine does. Just call Samsung and ask them to call Vodafone to get them to turn it on. They have an agreement with Samsung and can do it. It depends on who you speak to at Vodafone as to whether they know or not. Samsung were very helpful for me and even when Vodafone said you had to buy the handset from them Samsung intervened and said that was not correct and Vodafone just have to send the settings and activate wifi calling on the account. They did, in the end, and it works.

View more options

Just had my second update for my s8 and on Twitter vodafone UK help said it be in the next software update which was the one i just had but still no wifi calling added

View more options

@Mimo2000

As soon as there's any updates regarding Wi-Fi Calling for the Samsung S8, they'll be available on the Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling page.

View more options

Hi and Thx for getting back to me @becca_p 

Ok it is all sorted now I spoke to live chat team and told them I have wi-fi calling enabled in the app but not on option on the phone so she looked into it.

She come back and said it's not been activated on my account so she said she will activate it. Give it 15 to 30 mins so after 10mins i turned off phone and back on got a text for configuration mms and internet after that checked wi-fi calling and it was there. 

So if anyone needs to know contact online chat and they can sort it for you.

View more options
4: Newbie

yep, can confirm it works. Thanks @Mimo2000

View more options

My phone arrived today and wifi calling is working out of the box..

View more options

I think people who pre ordered have to phone vodafone up and get them to activate it on there account.

View more options

Has anyone got wifi calling on a phone from Samsung ?

View more options

For phones got from samsung - i got mine from John Lewis - i flashed the VOD CSC firmware and got it working - it will factory reset your phone - so backup. At first i got a german build but on resetting cache i got VOD CSC.

View more options

Hello.

Yes my phone is direct from Samsung and when VF send the update message it makes the wifi calling option available. To be sure you can also send the word "CALLING" to 97888.

Works fine now but its been really painful for the past week because of poor coverage at our office.

Works now fine

View more options

Thanks, I just switching off wifi calling on my account,,,,left it and then switched it back on. Voila. I was about to flash to vodafone firmware, but it works on BTU.

View more options

Its very buggy on my phone. On most calls no one can hear me. I switched from an iphone 7 plus. Why can things be simple on Android .  

View more options

After a quick call with Vodafone, my WiFi calling is now available. 

Not sure what the previous calls, chats and visits to Vodafone stores were doing wrong but it's now there. 

View more options