Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

Step 1 get Vodafone to activate wifi calling on your account. 

Step 2 Go to Settings then Apps then select "Show system apps" from pull down menu. then scroll down to where you will finally find the android wifi file. 

Click the file and turn on the permissions at the bottom.

Step 3 go to this you tube link follow instruction https://youtu.be/00ZT_Uqf5AE

Thank me later

@benjameshodges wrote:

I also do not have the option of Wi-Fi calling. I have had the feature enabled on the Vodafone website since 19th April and received my S8 on 20th April. I still do not have the option even visible in the settings. Gone through many hard resets, removing of SIM etc. 2 colleagues also do not have Wi-Fi calling available from their Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S8s. This is a wide issue with Vodafone and I'll probably be changing provider soon as I require Wi-Fi calling at my workplace.

Step 1 get Vodafone to activate wifi calling on your account. 

Step 2 Go to Settings then Apps then select "Show system apps" from pull down menu. then scroll down to where you will finally find the android wifi file. 

Click the file and turn on the permissions at the bottom.

Step 3 go to this you tube link follow instruction https://youtu.be/00ZT_Uqf5AE

Thank me later

Sorry can't thank anyone if this still does not work after following all the instructions. 

I've not read the whole thread, but I hope my experience will help you.

I have a Galaxy S8 Duos (SM-G950FD) which I got from Singapore, and I have changed the CSC code to XEU (does not void warranty as it is a built in function on Multi CSC phones). That means that for all intents and purposes my phone acts as if it is meant for UK markets. It has latest firmware on it (AQG5 at time of writing) and WiFi calling did not show up under Phone > Settings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZT_Uqf5AE). Following a tip from someone else on another forum, I contacted Vodafone and asked them to turn OFF Wifi Calling on my account (while my phone was OFF). I then turned phone on and let SIM connect to network and waited for a few minutes. I then turned phone OFF (and removed SIM, JUST to be sure) and asked them to turn WiFi calling ON in my account. After 15 minutes, I turned my phone back on, connected to Vodafone network and magically, WiFi calling option now shows under Phone > Settings, and I am able to enable it.

I can therefore say that WiFi calling does indeed work on Vodafone (I have a RED account) with a Galaxy S8 with the latest firmware and an XEU CSC code (goto Settings > About Phone > Software Information to check this information, or install this app to check - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

Really hope this helps you.

My current devices -

Galaxy S8 Duos (SM-G950FD)

Galaxy Tab A6 10.1 (SM-T585)

Vodafone is working so hard to earn irrelevance to their customers.

So ridiculous are their policies. Vodafone makes the life of thier customers more complicated.

S8 can support Wifi calling. No piece of engineering is required from Vodafone apart from sending the Carier updates to their customers but still they over complicate this process by excluding different set of customers from these updates that costs nothing to Vodafone. I would like to see Vodafone going out of this business. They dont understand their customer needs.. totally hopeless company.

My situtation is I have a corporate SIM on S8 that I have purcahsed from Samsung. I have virtually no signal at home. Whenever I work from home, to join the office conference calls, I'm forced to use my personal number [Luckly that number is from EE]. Had there be an Wifi calling, it would have been so much easier for me to join those long calls and Vodafone would have benefit by having more calls going through their network.

after speaking to a few different department's last night my wifi calling is now a option on my S8+ as well 

Hi all could someone who has wi-fi calling on there phone try and make a phone call and see if the other person can hear you on the other end please.

When I tried it yesterday most calls were one way. Some worked, but a minority. I switched wifi calling off. 

I have been both to store and called telephone support. They have both fobbed me off. I know wifi calling is activated but I don't think I ever received a config message. Do I need a config message or any tips to get them to send it to me as I never get anywhere with them? The store even told me to contact samsung!

Hi first of all do you have wi-fi settings on your actual phone.

If no goto online chat and ask them to check your account to see if it's been activated if it ain't they will activate it for you then in around 15 to 20 mins you turn off your phone and back on then you will get the messages that you will need to install.

If you have wi-fi calling on your phone not the on vodafone app ask them to resend you the configuration messages again.