main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

wifi calling s8 plus

Administrator

@boodsmaster Please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. :smileyhappy:

View more options
10: Established

had a telephone call (told to call me after 5pm and called me at 2pm instead)  from some one called Jitesh who said he was a manager within the Customer Relations department (i have checked and he is not ) he said they have nothing wrong with there systems with regards WIFI calling and it must be a issue with my broadband connection after about half a hour of him going over and over the same answer i give up and contacted the Customer Relations department my self  when i got home from work.  what did make me laugh was the answer and other stuff he replied to in his e-mail

"

As for the issues with the Wi-Fi calling on the number *********** there might be a possibility of disruption in the internet connectivity from either ends which could have led to this issues. This service solely depends upon your internet connectivitys.

Once again, I apologize for the convenience caused and I appreciate our patience and co-operation in this matter.

Kind Regards,

Jitesh
Customer Service Agent (Social Media)  "

(so he is not a manger like he said .  so yet another lie from a member of vodafone staff ) and also i think they should learn when they asked to call after 5pm they should call after that time and not when they want to 

I still can't work out though what the point of the phone call was as he did not ask me about the issue he just told me it was my broadband's fault so If any of the vodafone staff want to help out with this i would be happy to take it on board 

View more options

@bazjohn11 I'm sorry to see that this is ongoing.

We'd like to assist you further with this. Is your account now being reviewed by the Customer Relations team?

Please provide us with the reference number of your email (this will look similar to #12345678 and will appear in the automated email response you received) and we'll be able to take a closer look into this for you.

View more options
4: Newbie

I have still not received any response despite replying to the email that was sent to me.  As I mentioned previously, I missed a call and was asked to reply quoting a code that was text to me.  I never received the text!  I did reply to the email but have not heard anything.

Can we please have a definitive update on the issue of one way sound on WiFi calling, its been ongoing for over a month now and all we are getting are "please contact us", "we have passed it on to the relevant department" etc.

View more options

I spoke to a male and also Oliver so i would now like to leave it with them as I get more sense out of them then the forum and the social media / Customer Relations Manager  or what ever the media team call them self's today LOL 

View more options

@200091 We would like to get this resolved for you.

As we’d need to access the account to assist you further, please let us know the reference number that you received in the automated email response. This will be similar to #12345678.

If you’ve not yet received a reply from the team, please reply to their latest email and we can ensure they’ve received this through your reference number.

@bazjohn11 Thanks for updating us. Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the future and we’ll be happy to help.

View more options
12: Established

Is there any news yet regarding wifi calling?

It's strange how I've been told that nougat is causing the problem with wifi calling. But yet someone who is also on vodafone using s8 has no problems with wifi calling.

View more options

No news here for me yet they still looking in to it.  

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi

I have an S8+ that I bought direct from Samsung & the option is there for me.

Go into Settings>Apps then click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your screen to get the further options menu.

then select Show System Apps.

Scroll down & you'll see 3 apps called phone.

Choose the largest sized app of the 3.

then scroll down to more settings & tap on that

then scroll right to the bottom & the wifi calling slider is at the bottom

Hope that helps.

View more options

Ben650 wrote:

Hi

I have an S8+ that I bought direct from Samsung & the option is there for me.

Go into Settings>Apps then click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your screen to get the further options menu.

then select Show System Apps.

Scroll down & you'll see 3 apps called phone.

Choose the largest sized app of the 3.

then scroll down to more settings & tap on that

then scroll right to the bottom & the wifi calling slider is at the bottom

Hope that helps.

It's there for a lot of us but when we use it Ben the other party to the call can't hear what your saying.  it is something that Vodafone is looking in to  (just don't hold your breath ) 

View more options
3: Seeker

I'm having an issue of the other person not being able to hear me with WiFi calling enabled. I can hear them okay. I've had to switch it off for now because of this. 

View more options

@rob77uk - So we can take a closer look into this for you, please send us your details by following the steps in this private message. :smileyhappy:

View more options

This is getting ridiculous. When are we going to have a fix for the one way wifi calling issue. Makes me want to go back to iphone. 

View more options

I agree.

Its disappointing that this has been ongoing for over a month with no real updates or time frame for resolution.

As per my earlier posts, I have responded to customer services after being asked to contact them on this forum.  Despite my responses and emails, I have received no reply!  This is poor service vodafone, can we please have a definitive update, or at least can someone respond to my emails (that were initiated by you).

View more options

Hi just a question is there any chance you could remove securenet from my account just want to see if that's part off the wifi calling problem.

View more options

Hi everyone,

@Mimo2000 – Please reply to our latest emails and we’ll be happy to try this for you.

@200091 – If you can provide your email reference number (this will look like [#1698746]), we’ll check this further

@paulkerdot – Have you emailed us? If you can reply to our latest email and then let us know your email reference number, we’ll look into this further.

View more options

would not hold your breath as vodafone forum team  seem very slow at sorting this out  and getting hold of customers about this they just keep telling you to e-mail them then not replying to the e-mails 

View more options
5: Helper

Hi

Have you checked if Wifi Calling is enabled on your account, as when I recieved my handset on 26/05 while swaping my sim I asked customer care to check and activate it. Mine is working fine and got option to enable or disable in call settings.

Wifi Calling on S8+Wifi Calling on S8+

Thanks

Vicky R

View more options

Hi Vicky

Thx for info but we already know that but the problem is when making a call using wifi calling no one can hear us but we can hear them.

Ok just a heads up I took securenet off that vodafone has and still not resolved the issue. 

Just a question is this only happening to people that pre ordered there s8 or is it effecting all s8?

View more options

My s8 plus is from SAMSUNG and was bought after the official launch. I have had the one way calling issue although I haven't bothered to try using wifi calling recently. 

View more options