Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

The 3rd telephone support agent was about to get my wifi calling active. It was simply a case of sending the configuation over which the first two did not do. Instead they sent me round the houses. I have made a couple of test calls which seem to be okay (time will tell). I find wifi calling only comes on in locations with bad reception rather than all the time, is this meant to be the case?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

Keep an eye out on our Wi-Fi Calling page for any updates. 

Nobody can hear me but I can hear them. Even when I switch Wi-Fi calling off it still defaults to Wi-Fi calling. I also cannot receive or send texts without mobile signal but with Wi-Fi calling on. 

This was so much easier on o2 and my EE iPhone works fine with Wi-FI calling.

This has been an absolute sham by Vodafone and if they are not throwing money at this to get their team to fix this, then they are all wasting our time.

Im also having problems with WiFi calling and expericencing the same one way sound as others.

I enabled WiFi calling today and my phone menu was updated (S8), I set the toggle to on and after a minute the WiFi calling icon appeared.  Unfortunately when I make or receive calls the caller cannot hear me, but I can hear the caller.  Have tried rebbot and toggling off/on but still get the same.  Looking at the other posts this is probably a firmware or backend issue.

I contacted online chat who, to be honest, were next to useless and advised me to contact samsung!

Hopefully one of the Voda team can update on this for us.

same here I can hear the other person they can't here me and after a few secs the call drops 

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@benjameshodges

The issue's being investigated at the moment, we'll update the thead once there's any progress.

Thanks for your patience with this.

none of my calls using wifi calling is audible to the other person. even on turning off wifi calling, the icon does not go away and still calls are not audible to the other person.......

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wifi calling worked for me right away after enabling it on my phone (my account was enabled for wifi calling as I came from a iPhone 7 Plus before)

What is the actual problem with vodafone enabling wifi calling??? I have an s8 and get a terrible signal at home so wifi calling is a must, I've literally tried everything to get wifi calling enabled  been on live chat been into shop, tried everything more than once all  tried all solutions that people have tried on here an nothing!! I'm starting to lose patience here with vodafone, I've been a customer 23 years and have 2 phone contacts, and nobody at vodafone seems to definitely know why my phone can't get wifi calling enabled!! It's making me angry to the point I'm gonna cancel both mobile contracts as soon as I can!!! Totally lost all confidence in vodafone as a company!!😤😤😤😤

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@taper We'll update this thread as soon as we have an update on how to enable this feature.