main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

wifi calling s8 plus

@Mimo2000 Thanks for letting us know. So we can continue with our investigation, please reply back to our latest email and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

@paulkerdot Our team will be happy to help if you're still experiencing this issue. So we can check on the progress of this for you, please let us know the reference number you received in the automated email response (similar to #12345678).

View more options
4: Newbie

Still have the one way wifi calling problem. Please get it sorted Vodafone. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Can I please add myself to the list of people who cannot be heard by the other end when I use Wifi calling on my S8+?

View more options

@paulkerdot We'd like to check on the progress of this for you. Please confirm the automated email response (similar to #12345678) you received so we can take a look into this.

@Strowger I've sent you a private message so we can help with this. A member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.

View more options
12: Established

Just a question I've been asking other people on different networks like 02 three etc if they are having problems with wifi calling and all seems to be working.

So is it possible it could be your software that you have installed on the handsets causing the problem? Or is it something wrong on vodafone servers etc. Or if it's effecting some people like myself and others on here do we have defective phone's that need to be exchanged?

View more options

Natasha wrote:

@Mimo2000 Thanks for letting us know. So we can continue with our investigation, please reply back to our latest email and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

@paulkerdot Our team will be happy to help if you're still experiencing this issue. So we can check on the progress of this for you, please let us know the reference number you received in the automated email response (similar to #12345678).

I dont have any reference, Anyway, its not a fault thats only affecting me, its affecting others too. Please just get the correct team to deal with it. This has been going on way too long, 

View more options

This is definitely dragging on far longer than it should...

View more options
3: Seeker

This is what i am being told by Vodafone online chat, but i think i am being fobbed off, my phone is directly from voda.

"We are coming across these queries where customers are unable to access Wi Fi calling on Samsung devices like S6, S7 and S8 after the nougat update.

We are working hard with Samsung to get this issue sorted as son as possible as a lot of Samsung customers are querying about the same.

Samsung will soon be releasing a new update to fix this issue and then Wi Fi calling will be accessible on all the top end Samsung models."

View more options

I got a call this morning from the twitter help team. She said the same thing. Waiting on a software update. If this were apple, it would have been fixed weeks ago. 

View more options

@Mimo2000

What's the issue that you're having with Wi-Fi calling?

Is it since you've updated your software?

Thanks

View more options

Hi @Carly 

The issue all of us on here are having when we use wifi calling to make a call the other person can't hear us talk even thou we can hear them just fine.

I've been told it's nougat software but I don't belive it to be that as other people who I've spoken to using Samsung's s8 & s8+ on other networks running nougat are having no trouble what so ever. I know vodafone have implemented a new network secure for the phone's and I'm just wondering if that's causing the problem because it only seems to happened since that's been put on i think. 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi anyone still having problems with WIFI calling then download latest XEU Firmware United kingdom/Ireland off Sammobile website and flash it through Odin make sure you flash home csc to keep the correct country code otherwise you may end up with a country code that you dont want and its irreversible. Once flashed you may have to do a factory reset, but once you've gone through set up again, go to phone settings and scroll down and WIFI calling will 100% be there. Click on red XEU below to take you to correct firmware download page 👍 enjoy. 

ModelSM-G950F
Model nameGalaxy S8
CountryUnited Kingdom / Ireland
VersionAndroid 7
Changelist11544126
Build dateThu, 08 Jun 2017 13:09:40 +0000
Security Patch Level2017-06-01
Product codeXEU
PDAG950FXXU1AQF7
CSCG950FOXM1AQF7
View more options

Hi Thx for info may consider that but does wifi calling work on that? Was that a phone direct from vodafone?

View more options

No I bought it from third party company but it doesn't matter as the Wi-Fi calling is built into the firmware you flash which reminds me you can only flash XEU Firmware on an unlocked device if it's locked to just Vodafone then you cannot flash it it will brick your device. My phone was carrier branded locked to Vodafone so i paid to get it unlocked and flashed the XEU International unlocked firmware version. I hope this helps you.

View more options

I don't think It's quite as simple as just flashing your phone with different firmware.. if you change the CSC code you might not be able to go back as the Vodafone UK firmware which will limit you from using services such as voLTE (calls over 4G). I imagine when it's released to phones other than the Sony it'll be to 'phones purchased from Vodafone only' which will require your CSC to be VOD.

On the S7 if you tried to flash back to Voda you'd end up on VD2 not VOD which affected services and there wasn't an easy way to change it unless you jailbroke your phone and tripped Knox which was an issue all of its own.

I know they're being slow with it but it's better they get it right the second time around and you don't lose access to future services. 

If anyone is going to do it they should check over at sammoble and read through the forums.

View more options

Well I got my device unlocked and flashed the XEU International unlocked firmware version and as long as you flash the home csc it'll be fine I know because I've done it and my device is fine and WIFI calling is now in my phone settings.

View more options

And furthermore my csc code is still VOD so as long as people know what they're doing in regards of flashing firmware through Odin it's fine. I'll attach screenshot of my device software info and you'll see.

View more options

It might have changed with the S8 but that was the case with the S7. I've not been too bothered about it at the moment as I've been using my iPhone and wifi calling works on that without any issues.

It'll be interesting to see if you get the update from Vodafone when they release it and if you don't and they release voLTE I wonder if you'll have access.

View more options

Hi mine was pre order and came with no option for Wi-Fi calling. See my post on this thread as to how I fixed this and it works fine now.... ps I've had to factory reset my phone and repeated my fix and it's working again

View more options

Hi peeps

Well I've been told that the wifi calling issue would be sorted with next software update well guess what I've had the software update but still wifi calling does not work!

View more options