main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

12 Month SIM only contract early termination question?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi all.

I wonder if anyone can help.

Today I ordered a 12 Month SIM only deal, whilst I was speaking to the guy on the phone he said that if I wanted to cancel early I could and I would only have to pay 3 months line rental, not the full remaining months of the contract.

Has anyone else been told this, or was he making it up to get a sale?

Lol

Many thanks

jason

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I don't think that he explained it to you very clearly.  If you take a 12 month SIM only deal and you cancel,  you will have to pay for all time remaining in the contract.  So if for example you cancel after a month, you will have to pay for 11 months of line rental.

However, if you are on a SIM Only Plan for 3 months and upgrade to a Pay Monthly plan with phone, Vodafone won't charge you for the remaining 9 months of the SIM Only Plan.

This is called Flexible Upgrades and you'll find a detailed article on the Vodafone Social Blog here

PWIAC

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

No that isn't right. What the new sim only contracts allow you to do is upgrade to a full contract after three months without any penalty.

The details are on the Vodafone website under the heading of flexible upgrade.

You cannot cancel.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I don't think that he explained it to you very clearly.  If you take a 12 month SIM only deal and you cancel,  you will have to pay for all time remaining in the contract.  So if for example you cancel after a month, you will have to pay for 11 months of line rental.

However, if you are on a SIM Only Plan for 3 months and upgrade to a Pay Monthly plan with phone, Vodafone won't charge you for the remaining 9 months of the SIM Only Plan.

This is called Flexible Upgrades and you'll find a detailed article on the Vodafone Social Blog here

PWIAC

View more options