Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

76mb = 0.47kb actual. Low speeds

Yeobros
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Switched from BT on 18th March where also had 76mb. First day seemed fine and then ground to a halt. Was told it would take 10 days to settle. No one seemed concerned that 0.47kb meant nothing would work.

Since then I have rung almost every night and spent close to 5 hours taking a wall socket apart, switching internet and Ethernet sockets, rebooting router, switching Wi-fi off, disconnecting everything but one wired device, I was referred to the Tech team who text me last Tuesday to tell me everything was fixed. Apparently the speed to my house is fine and this is all they test. So have had the call reopened and been referred to them again. All support staff seem fixated on my minimum speeds to my property despite my notes stating this is not the issue- I simply have next to zero speed in the house. The only changed variable is the router but no one will sanction an exchange or an engineer visit. 

BT more expensive after nearly a month at 47kb and no resolution in sight I have been more that patient and badly let down. I would be happy for Vodafone to fix and remain with them but to date they have proved incapable of fixing the issue and wasting a lot of my time in the process. My family are deeply unhappy and I can’t defend the switch any further.

Unless anyone can suggest a quick fix I will switch back to one of the major providers.

13 REPLIES 13

SAAB99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been with Vodafone since November 17 and recently had a speed drop like yours. My advice is leave , I'm still considering paying to leave  especially if happen again.

I think you are right. Vodafone simply don’t seem to have any ability or desire to fix the issue. Other than apologising, telling me they appreciate how I must feel, and talking through the same fixes they have achieved nothing to date. 47kb isn’t simply a slowdown that triggers a £3 discount. 

Will look to cancel today in basis they have failed to provide a service of merchantable quality.

19EC6FE7-507A-4A39-B26C-4982421E3971.jpeg

Their response for the drop was that I had 64 devices connected , yes 64 !.

I only have 16 registered with less than half at once. They also said there is a limit of 8 devices to be connected and I need to not exceed that. Anyway I managed to get them to supply router login.  I'm using my own router which immediately cured the slow down and been trouble free for last 7 weeks.

Btw they want to charge £230 to leave early

Who only has 8 devices in a household these days?! Trading standards would surely suggest they should have to state a maximum number of devices?

still have previous BT router though, might try plugging that in. 

Thanks for advice

Connection is so slow at 47kb that I cannot even load the seeptest.net on a wired connection with everything else onconnected and wi-if off. 

Will try Bt Bt router, call Bt about going back and then call Vodafone. 

V disappointed that such a brand could prove so inept. 

@Yeobros wrote:

Connection is so slow at 47kb that I cannot even load the seeptest.net on a wired connection with everything else onconnected and wi-if off. 

Will try Bt Bt router, call Bt about going back and then call Vodafone. 

V disappointed that such a brand could prove so inept. 

I wouldn't place any hope in the router.

I had mine running via a Netgear DM200 modem and Netgera Nighthawk R7800 router, £250 worth, still ran like an absolute dog... speed like yours of 0.25mbit/s up to the heady heights of 10mbit/s at like 2am.

Leave, you'll be happier. Since being with this bunch of incompetent cowboys I've been enjoying Infinity 2 at 60mbit+ 24/7.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your speeds since you signed up @Yeobros and apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused. 

In order to diagnose any issues we'll need to access your account. I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch, so our Broadband team can investigate further for you.

Of course we'd hate to see you go, but you're covered by our 30 day Network Satisfaction Guarantee if you did want to cancel without an penalty charges. 

The tech team are currently on the case again. Now a fault has been identified and BT Engineers have been arranged. One arrived today to check the phone line. Nothing wrong with it. 

Have signed up with BT Infinity as need a resolution soon. Have 14 day cool off. So, either Vodafone will fix in next 2-3 days or will transfer to BT. 

Thanks for confirmation that can transfer without charge. 1 month with no wi-fi has been pretty inconvenient for family. 

My so called 76 now down to 39 utter joke still had no call back first day was 72 then the speed kept going down i moved from SSE so much faster