cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A communications company that do not communicate!

Marc-E-Bear
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm posting on here in the hope that some bod from Vodafone may happen upon it, read and reply; because I'm getting nowhere with them by other means.

We had Vodafone broadband installed at home on February19th 2018 with a minimum guaranteed D/L speed of 52Mbps. We've never actually achieved that D/L minimum, the best we got was 49Mbps but I'm not pedantic enough to grumble about that. Thing is, we only had that 49Mbps for approximately 10 days, a month after installation when a line fault was (briefly) corrected. That's 10 days reliable broadband out of almost 3 months.

For the most part the D/L hovers around 30Mbps, but is sometimes as low as 5Mbps (see second screen grab) and that is not what we're paying for.

Speed testsSpeed tests

So about a month ago I phoned Vodafone to explain the broadband wasn't doing what it is supposed to do and as I wasn't on the security clearing my girlfriend was put on the line to state I'm okay to talk to AND requested to add me to the security details. After a good 20-minute chat I was told there was definitely a line fault and someone from another department would be in contact within 72 hours. About ten days went by with nothing.

So I chatted on live talk and they said it was a different department dealing with the issue and I'd hear something soon. Another ten days went by with nothing, so I phoned Vodafone and answered correctly the security numbers but was told I WASN'T listed on the security clearing so no information about progress could be given to me and my girlfriend wasn't available to again 'give them permission to speak me' and presumably request again that I be added to the security clearing, as we live at the same address.

So almost another two weeks later the broadband is showing no signs of improvement and there's been zero communication from Vodafone - yet they happily keep taking our money!

May 2nd speed testMay 2nd speed test

We have one computer in the house and it is plugged into the internet via an Ethernet cable. Any other devices relying Wi-Fi are barely worth using as they're so slow. And I HAVE changed the line filters, switched channels, etc. all to no avail.

And on top of this, in early February we were sent a SIM card to use as a Wi-Fi hotspot before being connected, which we didn't request, need nor use, yet were charged £85 for the privilege of receiving it. That, is disgusting. £85! For absolutely nothing.

Surely a 'proper' company would A) Keep its customer informed as to progress (or in our case, non-progression).

B) Resolve the broadband issue or admit that cannot and offer us a full refund with the option to change to a more reliable provider at no fee to ourselves.

C) Make sure that £85 taken for no good reason was returned.

That's what I imagine a PROPER company would do, as oppose to one that uses a Hobbit to flog its wares, with seemingly empty promises. 

Hey, Vodafone - 'you reading this?

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for our delay in replying to you @Marc-E-Bear. So we can look into the problems with your download speed, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.