main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Advantage discount scheme

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi,

Im not with Vodafone but recently agreed tonominate a friend for this discount however it turns out my so called friend is not a genuine friend so i was wondering is there any way i can retract my nomination or prevent them from getting a discount ? I welcome any advice in regard to this. Thank you

View more options
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Stuartdavidson

It depends how recent.

If you have not already received an email to your work address to confirm eligibility, you have nothing to worry about.  When you receive the email do not click to confirm.

If Vodafone don't receive confirmation the discount won't be added. If you have already returned the confirmation, the discount will already be added to the contract.

edited for additional information.

If you contact the Advantage Team direct, they will be able to answer your question.  There is an email link on the FAQ's below.

Vodafone Advantage

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Stuartdavidson

I've not seen that question before attached to VEA. 

As we are fellow customers and your question is unique I would suggest speaking with Customer Service on 191 from a phone with a Vodafone sim in , use Live Chat (you'll need a Vodafone number) or use 03333040191

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. All posts are read by them.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately, I have already received confirmation that the discount has been applied. I just contacted vodafone and they advised me to complete and submit an employee advantage enquiry form  (which i cant find) online detailing that I would like to retract my nomination, although it was not clear i would be sucessful if i were to do this. I guess it would just be at their discretion. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Stuartdavidson

The form is on the FAQ's.  

How can I ask about the Vodafone Advantage Scheme?

I hope this will have solved your question and the Advantage Team will be able to help retract the discount.

View more options
Highlighted
You're welcome.

Hope all goes ok.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
Community Champion (Retired)

@Stuartdavidson As you problem is quite unusual it would be a help to anyone else who encounters the same set of circumstances in the future if you update your post with the result of your request to remove the VEA from a former friend.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Stuartdavidson

How're you getting on with this? 

Sarah

View more options
Highlighted
Hiya,

Still waiting to hear actually. When i submitted the form online it said that they aim to reply within two working days so i might hear tomorrow as it was sent saturday. I will update you all on the outcome. Fingers crossed they can help me :Smiling:
View more options
Highlighted
Ok so i got a response later on the 8th but the matter has not been resolved yet. i got an email from them yesterday stating that they have now removed the 20% VEA discount. The guy was really helpful and totally understood my request and i was delighted because i had felt so used by the person i had tried to help. Anyway, it was short lived because late last night i received another email from a different customer adviser confirming that the discount is sill in place. I replied asking for clarification but have not yet heard back. Its quite difficult sending emails because they are obviously really busy so you can be waiting for a while before you get a response - understandably it is not always from the same person so it can confuse things. I wish they would just phone me because there is no number to contact them and im not the account holder :Sad_face:
View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @Stuartdavidson

I understand your worry at this situation. 

Our team work through emails in time and date order, please reply to our latest message and we will help you further as soon as possible. 

Louise

View more options
Highlighted
Thanks Louise, im sure they will get back to me soon and hopefully the last email was sent in error :Smiling:
View more options
Highlighted
I am absolutely demented now because it looks like the discount was removed because my employer does not qualify. I checked with them and its right enough i dont qualify (which i am delighted about) however the account holder must have argued this (which i knew he would) and he has had it reinstated.

Rather than saying to me that my request isnt something they can do, i have countless emails from different vodafone advisors saying 'i completly understand your query' and 'the vea discount is active. I trust you find this helpful'. I feel as though i am sspeaking to a robot, no one has actually listened because i haven't had a straight reply to my question.

Im sorry but it is incredibly frustrating :Sad_face:
View more options
Highlighted
Hi. As upset as you are, if this was me and it isn't affecting me other than the annoyance of feeling used, I would try and move on. It seems to be causing you a lot of upset and other than stopping a discount for someone else what will you achieve? That's just my opinion, at the end if the day it's up to you if you want to keep pushing this.
View more options
Highlighted
Thanks for your response but i think the avoidance in answering my question has added to my annoyance to be honest. If its not something vodafone can do then they should just be upfront about it, otherwise its a wast of my time and theirs.
View more options
Highlighted
Community Champion (Retired)

@Stuartdavidson wrote:
I am absolutely demented now because it looks like the discount was removed because my employer does not qualify. I checked with them and its right enough i dont qualify (which i am delighted about) however the account holder must have argued this (which i knew he would) and he has had it reinstated.

The strange part of all of this is why if your employer is not eligible under the VEA scheme Vodafone have seemingly bent over backwards to accede to the demands of your ex friends by reinstating the VEA.

View more options
Highlighted
i agree and have no idea why given that there has been no explanation. I can only imagine that they reinstated it because they originally gave it in error. Maybe they think its only fair to approve it again on that basis because i definately dont qualify.
View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member
It could be that the VEA has been removed however your Friend probably managed to negotiate a discount.

I would suggest you accept it as a mistake and move on. And since you have managed to remove the discount, personally not sure why Vodafone are even discussing this with you.

As it is not you line or Account they should not be even accessing it anymore without DP checks.
View more options