Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call and data at the same time with iPhone 6 and Vodafone

Tomir71
2: Seeker

I am and also my colleagues who have iPhone 6 and Vodafone SIM are experiencing this: when you make a call the data first drops from 4G to 3G and eventually the data is not available at all, it happens gradually within a minute or so. It only happens with iPhone 6, people with iPhone 5S are fine. Also people who have iPhone 6 and O2 SIM are fine. There must be Vodafone specific issue or setting for this. The people in Vodafone stores can't help. This really annoying, you can't talk and browse or e.g. use Google Maps at the same time. Vodafone blames Apple for it but it's not Apple's fault since iPhone 6 works perfectly with O2 and some other operators as well.

We are all pay mothly customers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I have an iPhone 6+ and I'm not experiencing this problem.

4G is a data only service and thus all phones drop to 3G when the phone is being used for a voice call. But it should step back up to 4G afterwards.

Have you done a hard reset on the phone recently? Have you installed the Vodafone profile? If not text the word web to 40127 and follow the link they send you.

If that doesn't help sync with iTunes to ensure you have the correct carrier settings.

The final procedure is to wipe all settings and set the phone up as a new phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

stevetmobile
Sadly, I think the answer is to use a different smartphone provider (any android)

Donvictor
Thanks, but I changed from android... Its true that wasnt an issue with android. But everything else was... Anyway my friend has an iphone 6. His network provider is 3, and he said he always has data during the calls.. Its a phone issue or network provider issue then? There was a previous comment about if I change my data settings to 3G insead of 4G. It is gona change anything?

acdeag
4: Newbie
On 2G it is not technically possible to have a call and data at the same time, this is possible on 3G and on 4G when VoLTE is released.

Three don't have a 2G network so this will not happen with them.