cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive MMS (Picture messages)

magenta2204
4: Newbie

Have already put this in Microsoft section but actually think its better suited here. 

I suddenly am unable to send or receive picture messages (MMS) on my Lumia 530. 

The data services are set to 'on' so it is not that. 

There has never been an issue before with sending or receiving pictures, my phone can do this and I was able to send a picture on Monday but any I have been sent since yesterday I just get a message saying 'Media content in this message' and it just will not download.  

8 REPLIES 8

magenta2204
4: Newbie

As the title says really, I suddenly can't send or receive any picture messages (MMS) 

Data services are on so it is not that. 

Was able to send a picture on Monday but not been able to since or any I have received just say media content in this message and it won't download it.

It maybe worth contacting Customer services on 191 or Live Chat via a computer and ask them to Re Provision your Account for MMS. 

I assume you've looked at your APN Settings and the MMS settings look ok. 

Look at the Device guides in http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Messaging/Picture-messaging/48656299/Set-up-your-phone-f... and change the device to that of your own phone or one as close as possible. 

Sometimes texting WEB to 40127 which requests the settings can help.  

Im sure your aware that MMS messages do not come out of your normal text allowance and are chargeable. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@magenta2204

If you have previously not had any problems, it could be your phone memory is full.

The Lumia 530 only has a small memory of 512 MB.  If you are not storing previous messages to your SD card, the phone memory will be full and the phone will be unable to download any further messages.

Try deleting a few messages, free up some memory and try again.

Thanks for the replies. 

I've looked at the settings and they are correct (to the nearest phone) and I have deleted a load of messages just in case - although there was already space on the phone memory and it still won't let me send or receive pictures. 

Then if you also have enough credit on your phone to pay for the MMS messages then please contact Customer services to re provision your account which i touched upon in my initial reply. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have had this self same problem for about 2 years with my Vodafone Smart 3 phone and NO-ONE and NOTHING has solved the problem. I simply cannot send or recieve MMS messages. Full Stop. I finally gave up and now use Facebook for sharing photos with my family & friends.

@SuperStomper I'm sorry to hear of the frustration you've had over the last few years.

So we can chase this for you and help get this sorted, please contact our Live Chat team directly here: vdfn.co/1LQaRr3

Did all that 2 years ago and you couldn't solve it so won't bother going through it again. Thanks anyway.