cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Content Control : How can I get it removed?

chris10122
Not applicable
Hi, is there any other way apart going to a shop to remove the Content Control on my mobile dongle, I called up vodafone but as I only have debit cards, and not any credit cards they told me they could not remove it, thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

You'll find some FAQs about Content Control here - assuming that you're the account holder, the answer for Contract is either to contact Customer Services on 191, or take your credit card or other form of ID into a Vodafone store.

Annie.

View solution in original position

56 REPLIES 56

jarviser
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

The worrying thing is that some company in America decides what our children (or adults without credit cards) can see, not us. Someone somewhere in the world, whom I cannot even contact, has applied to get my hobby website banned to the "adult" category because amongst other DIY jobs I have the audacity to show how to mend an old target air pistol.  Presumably because it's guns, this anally retentive ****** thinks it's evil, despite that it's an olympic event.

It's the thin end of a very wide wedge and Vodafone should calm it down, preferably remove it, and let people of all ages think for themselves.

(Notice ****** is a banned word?  This is Britain not the USA)

Heya guys,

There is now an easier way to lift your content control bars.

You can do this via a store, through my Account or via email with ourselves.

If you would like us to lift you content control bar please let us know and we can get an email over to you.

The reason for the content control bar on all of our account is down to adults now buying contracts for children under the age of 18 and as a result most people don't think about the content that can be accessed from a mobile phone, this is why uit is blocked until requested to be lifted as Vodafone as a company have a duty of care to protect minors from material that is not suitable.

GeorginaRy, an email is on its way to you now, please reply with your details and we can get the restriction lifted fro you.

James

eForum Team

hi james , any chance you can lift my content control .. i just brought a dongle on 3 may 11 and found loads of sites that are not even adult rated blocked , i have already sent email to voda saying that it takes the biscuit and why should i have to pay on card when im 30 to use a service that im already paying for by , buying a dongle and top up , if you need any id i have provisional license , no passport coz i cant find it lol , inland revenue self employment card , that i could photo and send to you if needed , i aint got time to take it into a shop as they aint open after i have finished work 

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Adz63,

As long as the dongle has been registered in your details there shouldn't be an issue.

I will send you a quick email over, please reply with your details and I will take a look at this for you. :Winking_smiley:

James

eForum Team

no worries mate i got it sorted 

any 7.2mb firmware for the k3570-z every other dongle going has it but cant seem to find it for this device 

Hi,

I have tried your settings as i am an 27 year old women and your website is always undergoing some refurbishment. I have my account in my name but still have content control and dont feel as though i should have to go to a store or have a credit card to prove my age. I find your website annoying not easy going. Please for gods sake remove this or maybe the hassel it will cause me by going to one of your store, i might as well change networks. Especially the money i spend on this bloody dongle. Ahhhhhh.....

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You may be 27, but the dongle could be used by someone under 18 so content control is always on by default.  This is the same on other networks to. 

If you want to remove content control and are unable to do so online, call customer services on 191 from any Vodafone handset and have your credit card handy - they will use this as proof of age. Alternatively, pop into your local Vodafone store with photo ID such as a passport or driver's license and the staff there will remove it for you.

Do be aware that it can take up to 24 hours for the system to update once it has been removed.

PWIAC

:manvery-happy: 

I hope you can help me  revailmove content control i have been tryin for 24h iv emailed customer support and they have not got back as yet,when i try to do it via my account then my device ,settings it says its unavailible any help on this matter would be great .

angie

Hi wolf8338 and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

I understand how long winded this may seem but we need to be sure you are over 18, for the safety of those who aren’t.

If you do not have a credit card then you will need to visit one of our Vodafone stores with two forms of I.D. (at least one with a picture of you) so that we can verify your age.

Also, can you give me some details on why you are unable to register your modem? What is exactly happening? Do you get any error messages at all?

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Hi amccury and welcome to the eForum to you too :Smiling:

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting the content control removed. I assume you have a credit card? If that’s the case, please reply to the email I have sent you and we’ll look into why you are unable to access this part of the system and also remove the content control bar for you.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

wolf8338
1: Seeker

Hi, i am new to Vodafone and i have just bought a mobile internet dongle. I've read how to get it removed and I can't believe the hassle to remove the content control. I don't have a credit card only a debit card and the nearest Voda shop is about is miles away. Everytime i try to register my dongle on line it won't let me. I only got it so i can take my laptop out while i'm on business.