Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cooling Off Period Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently joined fibre 36 but due to low speed and constant wan disconnections phoned to say I was leaving before end of cooling off period. Agent said had fault on line and also convinced me to upgrade to fibre 76 as would help with speed and be more stable. Openreach came out next day and fixed faults but he also said my line would not go above 30mb, so I’m now on fibre 76 with a guaranteed minimum speed of 27.4 which is the same as I was guaranteed on fibre 36. Since engineer left last Friday my speed has dropped to the minimum guaranteed and the wan disconnections are back usually one an hour.

When I upgraded to fibre 76, the agent said I again had a cooling off period, my question is if anybody can answer? Is the  cooling off period to return back to fibre 36 or can I leave vodafone free of charge? The cooling off period on fibre 36 has now expired by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have just spoken to an adviser in your UK retention team and asked to cancel my broadband.  The adviser insists the cooling off period is 30 days, when I challenged this and said I thought it was 14 days for broadband he said no, it's 30 days.  The call reference is 1-A7PRQF93 if you would like to listen to the call.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Rang three times today CS to enquiry about cancellation process within my 30 days cooling period.

Especially about migration details as now on 21 day and some ISP need 10+ days.

I would like to ideally avoid service interruption and keep phone number etc.

Been given 3 different answers from Vodafone CS:

1. if you give us notice your line will be ceased next day or within two days

2. if you place new order with other ISP they will send us cancellation notice and service will migrate to new ISP if its before 30 days period, otherwise line will be ceased

3. if you place new order with other ISP within 30 days period, you will not be charged early termination fees and your service will be transfered without interruption (even after 30th day)

Seems like CS just makes it up as they like.

I've tried finding details in terms and conditions but its similiar situation : conflicting informations

Any ideas what is the true procedure?

Thank you

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@MartinJ Number three is the closest 👍  If you simply want to move to a different ISP, which would be the quickest and easiest way of changing your broadband with as little interruption as possible. Get in touch with your new provider and they'll contact us to let us know you're leaving. They'll then preform a working line take over whenever they have availability (which would vary from provider to provider) and you'll transfer with no interruption.

We'll get in touch with you in regards to returning your router and any charges you may have incurred. Please note that these charges cover the period up to the date you told us about your cancellation. These will include:

• Your line rental
  • Any extras you’ve bought
  • Any services you’ve used that aren’t covered by the line rental (such as international calls or premium rate calls)

You’ll also need to pay for any activation, installation, connection or other service and maintenance fees you agreed to when setting up your Vodafone Broadband services. These charges will have been outlined to you in the guide that came with your service confirmation letter.

We’ll credit you with any line rental charges (including home phone features and extras), that you may have incurred from the date you told us you wanted to cancel to the date we received your Vodafone Broadband router from you.

I hope that helps to clear things up, pop back to us if there's anything your still unsure of 🙂

Thank you @TJ for clarification.

I have placed order with different ISP few days ago and received activation date: 14th April. 

I have contacted them to confirm they notified Vodafone (as I'm on 23rd day) and been told that when my activation date is confirmed, it means Vodafone has been notified and accepted transfer/migration request.

However when I contacted Vodafone CS (twice) , there is nothing on my account saying that I'm leaving. I even had written (email) confirmation from new ISP stating transfer request been accepted by Vodafone, but no official acknowledgement from Vodafone CS.. 

How is that possible?  Do you have some lag on system or does someone is not telling the truth?(VF or new ISP)

My 30 days period is about to expire next week and I don't want to request line cease directly (as it would take me offline for a week and cost new line activation) or risking being charged early termination fees.

My conclusion and advise to others who think of leaving within 30 days perdiod, is to actually place new order at 14th-15th day, to allow for smooth migration.  But if you take into account "hopefull/naive period" of first 10 days when connection can be unpredictable, it only leaves few days to make decision.

Perhaps I was "too patient" waiting 21 days for Vodafone to act and provide service I ordered.

Anyway thank you TJ and VF social media team for getting involved in my problems and at least attempting to help.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MartinJ We'd need to access your account in order to check the status of your broadband connection. 

If everything lines up with you leaving, we'll be able to let you know this is the case. If any changes need to be made before you leave, we can put these in place 🙂

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. 

Thank you @Alex,

I have already sent private message (#18383644) on friday and still waiting for reply.

Also called CS and been promised to be contacted today with update. I got text this afternoon (presumably from CS who promised to contact me) saying there is no information on my account about leaving/transfer.. and I can cease line myself..

But it would basically cancel my already arranged tranfer/migration and cost me new line activation with other ISP! And I will be offline for a week

Seriousely whats going on?

Just to update @Alex,

I've contacted new ISP again explaining situation and they have provided me with details of migration request:

Vodafone has accepted request for line and broadband take over on 28/03/18 02:41:57

Order ref OR0000005529076

5-8-154194496262

Yet still according to Vodafone there is no info about me leaving, shocking!

All I can think of is that Vodafone is trying to charge me early termination fees, even when I requested transfer within my 30 days period.

Ofcom seems like my only option now!

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm disappointed to hear of your experience with us @MartinJ. Have you received your call back today? If so, what've you been advised?

Hi @DaneB

Alan has tried to contact me yesterday but I wan't available. Hopefully he will try again today.

Thanks

@Alex@DaneB

Just contacted Vodafone CS again and got to admit that this time has received excellent customer support. I spoke with Danielle and she was able to check different systems promptly and confirmed migration request has been received on 28th March. Danielle has also confirmed that as above notification been sent within 30 days period there wont be any early termination fees and I will be refunded partially for what I paid in advance and only be charged for period until migration date, not full month. She has also arranged router return label/package for me.

It seems that there is perhaps a bit of lottery at Vodafone and you can actually deliver great customer support!

Too bad it’s bit too late to me now, but I might consider Vodafone again in future.

Saying that my static IP address still not been sorted as I’m still on dynamic IP, millions FEC corrections on upstream still present as well as random disconnections every 1-3 days.

Ohh and Wifi Schedule still produces random behaviour.

Anyway.

I will update on migration process and router return in next two weeks.

Thank you Alex, Dane, TJ Danielle

TJ

We're obviously sad to see you go @MartinJ, but I'm glad that the process is going smoothly and the level of customer service you've received has improved recently.

I'm happy to hear that you'd bear us in mind for the future and apologise that everything hasn't worked out this time.

Please don't hesitate to pop back to us if you have any further questions, we'll be more than happy to help 😊