cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Get iPhone 7 Plus or wait for iPhone 8 Plus?

MarkVoda1999
4: Newbie

Hi there,

Would any iPhone users be kind enough to give me a little guidance?

Is it worth buying the exisiting iPhone 7 Plus now or would it be better to wait for the new model which appears to be only a few weeks away but is likely to cost quite a bit more (maybe about £20) per month?

Based on past experience, is the iPhone 8 Plus likely to be a big step up?

Many thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @MarkVoda1999

If the current phone your using now does the job ok then I'd suggest to wait for the next iPhone model or have a play with the iPhone 7 Plus if you haven't already to see if you like it and will do for the contract term.

The + iPhones are pretty big. I owned the iPhone 6 Plus but recently sold it and bought the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and now using the Samsung Galaxy s8.

The Apple Keynote is typically held in September where they'll hopefully announce the next new iPhone and go over any new features.

Then people will be advised on the actual Launch Date but please do take into consideration the issues that can / will follow a launch date such as availability and delays of available units even if pre ordered. The whirlwind of an iPhone launch is unprecedented !

If I decide to buy I follow this Avenue. > 

• Watch the Apple Keynote to see if it ticks my wants and needs boxes. 
  • Check out any user unboxings and user reviews on YouTube as they become available. 
  • Play with the working Demo Models in the Network Shop / Apple Store. 
  • Compare it to the phone I have now. You could compare to iPhone 7 Plus. :Smiling:

I do all this to get a handle on wether there are any issues that early adopters are experiencing. Also by then hopefully most of the issues around availability have cleared up. 

Right now any information is purely speculation on any features or aesthetics of the upcoming new iPhone model.

Once it's released by the Networks the flagship iPhones do typically command a hefty tariff going from experience. What they will be isn't known yet. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @MarkVoda1999

If the current phone your using now does the job ok then I'd suggest to wait for the next iPhone model or have a play with the iPhone 7 Plus if you haven't already to see if you like it and will do for the contract term.

The + iPhones are pretty big. I owned the iPhone 6 Plus but recently sold it and bought the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and now using the Samsung Galaxy s8.

The Apple Keynote is typically held in September where they'll hopefully announce the next new iPhone and go over any new features.

Then people will be advised on the actual Launch Date but please do take into consideration the issues that can / will follow a launch date such as availability and delays of available units even if pre ordered. The whirlwind of an iPhone launch is unprecedented !

If I decide to buy I follow this Avenue. > 

• Watch the Apple Keynote to see if it ticks my wants and needs boxes. 
  • Check out any user unboxings and user reviews on YouTube as they become available. 
  • Play with the working Demo Models in the Network Shop / Apple Store. 
  • Compare it to the phone I have now. You could compare to iPhone 7 Plus. :Smiling:

I do all this to get a handle on wether there are any issues that early adopters are experiencing. Also by then hopefully most of the issues around availability have cleared up. 

Right now any information is purely speculation on any features or aesthetics of the upcoming new iPhone model.

Once it's released by the Networks the flagship iPhones do typically command a hefty tariff going from experience. What they will be isn't known yet. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks @BandOfBrothers. Terrific info. How does your Samsung/Android experience compare to Apple IOS?

Your welcome @MarkVoda1999

Both phones have their pro and cons. 

I really enjoyed using iPhone's from the iPhone 4 launch up to the iPhone 6 plus and they just work and are solid due to Apple making their own iOS for their phones. That said to me they can be quite restricting due to Apple's way of walling off their hardware and software. I used to jailbreak. 

Android is more open source and can do more out of the box but that can come with issues too. 

Apple are so good at his updates and the networks can't touch these updates or hold back updates. Also no network bloatware can be placed on them. 

With Android updates they can which is why I buy sim free. 

My s8 is powerful and fluid. 

Current Phone  >