cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I put my apps back in Stock order?

Trippnelgin
1: Seeker

My boyfriend decided to change my apps to alphabetical order ON MY PHONE without permission. They've been the same since I got my phone and now it's like having a brand new phone. It's driving me bananas! Is there any way to put the apps back in order to the way they were when I first got the phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I have just checked my S6 and there is the option to sort the apps in the app drawer alphabetically.  There is no option to undo previous sorting and restore to what they were prior to being in alphabetical order.

All you can do now is select the Edit option at the top right of the app drawer, then hold down on the app you want to move and then drag it where you want it.  Do this for all the apps you want to move and when you are finished select Done at the top right

PWIAC

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Welcome to the eForum

I know how annoying it is when another person tinkers which something as personal as a phone.

Perhaps lock him out with a pass lock ! That'll teach him.

You can opt to move them back manually to where you like them.

This solution may / may not work.

Reset the Home screen Layout.

Find out how to reset the home screen layout on your device.

From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
Tap Settings.
Scroll down, then tap Applications.
Tap Application manager.
Scroll across to the All tab.
Scroll down, then tap TouchWiz Home.
Tap Clear Data.
Note: This will delete all customisations you have made to the home screen, and reset the home screen to manufacture defaults.
Tap OK.
Tap the Home key.
The Home screens have now been reset.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi don't know if its the same on the s6 but on my z3 if you go from your home screen to one of your pages with apps on it then at the top left is a menu icon, if I tap that there are various options, one of which is how to sort the apps, for example alphabetically, don't know if this helps you.

drey_p

Hi there

I have just checked my S6 and there is the option to sort the apps in the app drawer alphabetically.  There is no option to undo previous sorting and restore to what they were prior to being in alphabetical order.

All you can do now is select the Edit option at the top right of the app drawer, then hold down on the app you want to move and then drag it where you want it.  Do this for all the apps you want to move and when you are finished select Done at the top right

PWIAC

Lightfunkyone
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Your best option here is this method seeing as A-Z option has been stripped out ( for me anyway)
Settings/Applications/Applications Manager/ All, then scroll down to Touchwiz, click it and clear cache and data, your apps are now alphabetical and filling the page without being scattered all over the place!
A Fix is required for this in the next fw update

hrym

Just to add to what everyone else has said, don't forget that you can put icons for your most used apps on your homescreen/s.  These can be in any order and position you like.

That way, you only have to go to the app drawer for things you use occasionally and then alphabetical order is very convenient.