Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to unlock iPhone

millylollo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I've bought Iphone 5s in England and now I'm in Italy. I haven't a vodafone uk sim to pay unlock. How should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@millylollo

You are going to need to go back to the seller about this.  Hopefully, the seller is the original and first owner  or you have no hope of ever getting the phone officially unlocked.

The phone will need to be unlocked against the original owners Vodafone account.

Send the seller the link in the post above.  It has the form which needs to be completed by the original owner.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Where did you buy the iPhone from ?

Was it from Vodaphone on Contract or Payg or was it from an  store or an auction site or HighStreet store that sells used phones ?

Have you tried another Networks sim in it ?

Unlocking info from Vodaphone is https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-NUC/Unlocking-your-phone-FAQs-NUC/td-p/1754114 & https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I bought the iPhone on eBay, I checked and the iPhone is not in a blacklist. I don't know where It was bought and yes, I tried to use my italian Vodafone Sim in it but everytime I tried I got this message: the iPhone is locked by Vodafone, you need to unlock it! Given I don't have any uk Vodafone sim how can I pay to unlock the iPhone?

AnnS

@millylollo

You are going to need to go back to the seller about this.  Hopefully, the seller is the original and first owner  or you have no hope of ever getting the phone officially unlocked.

The phone will need to be unlocked against the original owners Vodafone account.

Send the seller the link in the post above.  It has the form which needs to be completed by the original owner.

The phone was bought at the Vodafone store of the Westfield centre in Derby, I attached the receipt. But I'm unable to contact the first owner

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @millylollo

We can only unlock the phone, if the original owner requests this.

Thanks,

Gemma