Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm going to be migrated on the 2nd ! :D

fabyon
4: Newbie

I know that Vodafone is cheap and cheerful but after two price rises from Plusnet I took the plunge, I've also set up a modem dongle on my Tp-Link router (I'm using the Vodafone router in the wan port of the Tp-Link for the first 30 days then I'll ask for my username and password) as a fall back just in case but am also tempted to get Boosty for resilience as it's seamless, apparently. 

As anyone used Boosty bonding before and how did you get on with it ?

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_P1

Cancel now.  Their service is awful in the evening and their support is beyond awful.  Seriously, do youself a favour and pay a bit more for a reliable service.

I'm paying for 76MB....

I hear ya and feel your pain.

Touch wood the migration went ok although I had to ring CS because I was synching ok but the router wouldn't register onto the system, I knew it was probably because my order was replaced over the phone after an online glitch. So instead of waiting I rang them up and spoke to James who was really great. He understood straight away I had no life and was a geek ! LOL So after getting my serial number to register the unit and factory reset the router to accept the new details then I connected straight away. I'm on the 40mb V1 package so it synched at 40 with no issues test from Wifi on the Vodafone router got me a 37 download and 12 upload so I'm happy. That was of course, this morning so we shall see tonight if I have contention at my local exchange using Netflix with the fire stick. Then I turned off the wifi on the vodafone router, hooked it up on my Tp-Link making sure I changed the IP numbering and turning off the firewall as well as DMZ the ip my tp-link got assigned by the vodafone router and I'm happy with the result. Did a new speed test using the Wifi on the Tp-Link and I got this:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/e422e362-cf8e-44f8-a026-68c15acbcc3e

So not too shabby considering it's a double NAT situation (shame that the Vodafone router can't be bridged) although the ping is slightly higher than Plusnet but I can live with that as I don't play games that need that sort of thing.

Only time will tell :Laughing_Face:

Pleasantly suprised to see that the vodafone app works even behind the wan connecting through the tp-link wifi ! 

fabyon

Only three days in the line training process and I woke up to Fast Path this morning. Ping went right down to 10ms and I get speed of between 33-35mb. Well happy! :Laughing_Face: