main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

K3770 dongle

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Hi

Have just bought k3770 dongle to use with my mac air

Tried to install it but it came up with message saying to try using an older version of vodafone broadband or upgrade to a newer version of mac os x

I have done a software update on my mac and it doesn't seem to make any difference

My mac is  mac OS X    version 10.7.3

Im not very technically minded so any help in a basic form would be really great

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry

I told you I wasn't technically minded

I hadn't run it properly

its working fine now

Thank you so much :-)

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
16: Advanced member
Are you trying to install the software from the device? Don't!.....go to www.business.vodafone.com (via wifi) where you can download the latest version of mac mobile broadband software, once installed, plug in your dongle. I've run it this way with a 3770 and a new MacBook air and it ok

View more options

Hi Thanks

Did as you said but still came up with same message :-(

View more options

Sorry

I told you I wasn't technically minded

I hadn't run it properly

its working fine now

Thank you so much :-)

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi penny58,

Thanks for the update, it's great to hear that you've got your dongle working fully now

Should you have any questions in the future, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andy

View more options
2: Seeker

hello I have been using vodaphone K-3770 dongle in my windows 8 laptop..it worked fine fr a month..now whenever i connect my modem again and click on connect it shows connect failed..i try it again n it shows the same message!! but when i use it in windows 7 it works absolutely fine.. i read d posts it told dat it works well on windows 8..i hv tried uninstalling n re-installing d software but the same problem persists.. i hv windows 8 pre installed on my laptop!! plzz help me asap..

View more options
16: Advanced member

Hey,

I replied to your other post here.

Without wanting to sound like I'm telling you off it's generally not a god plan to post the same thing in lots of different threads in the forum, as it makes them a nightmare t manage. It wuld be a bit like me walkign up to you in a pub and saying "Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, howareyouwouldyoulikeadrinksunnyoutisn'titdoyoulikemynewcoat".

Anyway, let us knwo if it doesn't work... in the OTHER post.

Cheers

HC

View more options

were is the post?? m facing a lot of problem brother..plzz help me with this prob asap..

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi snehashisc,

Your other posts is here.

Cheers,

LeeH

View more options

I have just bought a new sim for my dongle with £20 credit.

It will only connect to the Vodafone top up page

I spent 2 hours in the local shop and they could not correct it, they tried both a new sim and a new dongle.

Suggestions please.

View more options

Hi Judy_B

Can you test the dongle on a different computer? How old is it? You need to ensure that you have the latest Vodafone Mobile Broadband software .

Thanks

Sukhi

View more options