main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

K4505 USB Stick VMC Lite install issues under Windows 7 Home Premium

2: Seeker

Hi

I have just changed my laptop from a WinXP Fujitsu to an HP Win7 x64. My previously working K4505 USB stick now won't install.

On insertion, the stick is recognised and I get prompted to run setup_vmc_lite.exe. I believe that the stick software level is VMC Lite 9.4.5.19931 Upon running the setup_vmc_lite executable I get an error message

1158: Error populating strings: Verify that all strings in setup.ini are correct

The problem is unlikely to be SIM or hardware as it all works on the WinXP machine.  My guess is that it is something to do with Win7 64 bit.

Has anyone seen this before or got any suggestions?

My OS is Win 7 64 bit SP1 build 7601

Many thanks

Ian

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ian_Steward,

As you say, the fact the dongle works on the older PC points to the issue not lying with that or the SIM card. The K4505 is compatible with Windows 7, so it is not a specific compatibility issue.

Can you try downloading the latest software version from the site for me and see if you are able to use the dongle once that is installed?

Dave

View more options
2: Seeker

Dave

Downloaded the latest version of software and installed on the W7x64 laptop.  No issues with the install and the stick seems to be working fine.

Obviously the install routine of the version of VMC Lite on the stick is incompatible with my version of Windows.

Alls well that ends well.!!

Thanks

Ian

View more options