Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kit Kat is here on the GS4

Tizzletom
4: Newbie

Kit Kat update is now available via OTA and Kies. Go and check it out :Smiling:

If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated
45 REPLIES 45

Tizzletom
I have wiped the cache. I don't know if that helps but there are others with this issue also. Android system only goes up on cpu time when the screen is on
If in anyway I have helped you please press the thumbs up button below to thank me. Much appreciated

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
You will have to factory reset - there is no other way of stabilising the system.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Tizzletom
That shouldn't be required. It should just work without the inconvenience

jeffkinn
The way Android is designed we always recommend a factory reset afterwards. It is inconvenient but necessary for the most part. I upgraded my Note 3 yesterday and although everything was working fine I still went through a factory reset. I protect my setup in the following way. I have a Samsung account and the phone automatically backups up texts and phone logs to their cloud. When the phone resets, they are downloaded and I have lost nothing. I use a 3rd party launcher called Nova and that has a configuration backup routine and that is saved to the external SD card and restores easily. All my music and photos are on the external SD card. Apps download again automatically from the Google Play Store. Email accounts have to be added manually but as long as your contacts and calendar entries are stored in the cloud somewhere they will download again very quickly.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Tizzletom
It's just that everything is exactly how I want it and aparantly after a reset it still happens and the error is still there

jeffkinn
What does apparently mean in this context? If the error persists after a reset then you'll have to take it for a repair.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Tizzletom
If I take it in for repair they will say software issue and to wait for an update

jeffkinn
No they will re-flash the phone and try and cure the issue. If you are not willing to factory reset or take it for a repair then by a process of elimination you'll have to live with whatever problem you have. But our combined experience here tells us that a factory reset cures 90%+ of problems that occur after a major Android update. Whether you choose to take the advice or not is up to you. Also, for the sake of the conversation, lots of iPhones also suffer issues are an update to iOS so this isn't something that is limited to Android phones. Also a recent update to Windows phones has caused some issues.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Tizzletom
When I asked in Vodafone last night they said that I should just wait for a new update but I will try a reset. What about the apps on the SD card?

jeffkinn
I don't know about the apps on the SD card. I suspect they won't work properly but after they have downloaded again from the Play Store you can move them again. I don't have any apps on my external SD card.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png