Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LL53 - Llangwnadl, Wales

Deedees1966
2: Seeker

I live LL538PA LLangwnadl.  3 of us in my house hold have not had a signal since 19th Dec 2017. We have been promised numerous times that the fault would be fixed by 22nd Dec I get am email saying the fault would be fixed within 24-72 hr. 72 hours is 6 days. That takes us up to 28th Dec. It is now 3rd Jan 2018. This really is not good enough. My husbands phone was locked in to Vodafone. We have had the unlocking code from you and it is now unlocked. He is going over to EE. I am also thinking of going over to Plusnet. There are numerous people in my village that have no signal. So when are you going to fix this problem. We have gone from Llangwnadl to Morfa Nefyn. The signal is hit and miss all the way. We are not happy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

If you look at coverage checker and click on network status, zoom out on planned maintenance you will notice there is some work being done in the area which affects you. This is scheduled to be fixed by 19:00, 3rd Jan.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

You could also invest in a Sure Signal plug which will give you a superb signal even when indoors -Buy Sure Signal

This will help you out in future in case of any outages in area.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

T_Scarface_M

Hi there,

If you look at coverage checker and click on network status, zoom out on planned maintenance you will notice there is some work being done in the area which affects you. This is scheduled to be fixed by 19:00, 3rd Jan.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

You could also invest in a Sure Signal plug which will give you a superb signal even when indoors -Buy Sure Signal

This will help you out in future in case of any outages in area.

Hope this helps.

Hi I have checked the coverage for my postcode this is what I get 

Everything is fine in your area

Unexpected Legend

We're not aware of any unexpected issues in your area. Use our coverage checker tab to see what our signal is like near you.

Need help with your device?

If you get stuck with anything, you'll find guides to lots of your phone's features on our support pages

Everything is not fine at all.  Since the 19th December we have had no signal. Vodafone with their updates have rendered lots of vodafone customer's phones useless.in our surrounding area. It is now 9.00pm and still no signal thanks to Vodafone putting our household and the neighbourhood in a black spot. I have been with vodafone for 8 yrs. Customer loyalty counts for nothing.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Deedees1966

I totally understand the inconvenience caused when signal is being affected.

As well as @T_Scarface_M suggestion of a Sure Signal device which costs £69 And needs Home Broadband WiFi there is also Calling Over WiFi for people on eligible contracts and accepted phones.

More info in > Vodafone wi-fi-calling.

I hope the situation improves asap for you. 

To add when things have been resolved with the masts it can occasionally take a couple of days for it to fully settle. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I don't see why we should all have to buy a signal sure at £69 when Vodafone have caused this issue when it was perfectly fine before. Is this just another way of extorting money out of its so called valued customers ? 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Deedees1966 I've had a closer look into your postcode and checked your local mast (1397). 

It appears to be currently working correctly with no reported faults, however I can see you're in a very low coverage area which can be reflected on our network coverage checker which states: 

'This location is on the edge of our coverage.
Outdoors - you’ll find it difficult to get a reliable signal
Indoors - signal is unlikely'

As previously mentioned in this thread, a Sure Signal device would improve your coverage as it creates it's own 3G signal. 

I can also see there's planned work due to take place on your local mast. When this work happens it'll show on our coverage checker - keep checking back for any updates 🙂

I have been with Vodafone for 8 years. I have lived at this address 20 yrs. I have not had a problem with Vodafone before the 19th DEC. That is until the updates. My husband has been with Vodafone 4 years without any problem's what so ever. Same as 7 other villages I know off in my area.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Deedees1966 It's a shame to see you're currently having issues with our service. 

As mentioned in my previous post, there's future work planned on your local mast which may improve your coverage. 

It's not showing on our network coverage checker yet but when it does, the page will be updated 🙂

Deedees1966

This issue has not been resolved at all. Up on checking the coverage checker the whole area has been out into a limited coverage. What the hell is going on?????

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Deedees1966 I've checked this again for you and can see our Engineers are planning to make some necessary changes to your site which, as @Alex has mentioned, may improve your coverage and help with the issues you're experiencing.

This hasn't yet been added on our network status checker, but please do keep your eyes peeled for further information.

Once this has been added to our checker, you'll be able to subscribe for updates while our Engineers complete their work.