Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message+

PaulChad
2: Seeker

Just installed message+. Ever since it keeps trying to send 12 historic texts and fails....This is happening constantly (every 20 mins or so). I have cleared the app cache and so it continues. I don't know which messages are failing and do not want to delete my messages as there some important information in some....any ideas how to resolve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PaulChad
I had to delete all my messages in the end which cleared the problem but not the solution I wanted, but thanks for replying.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @PaulChad

Please try backing up the data on the phone, then do a factory reset on the phone.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Laura

PaulChad
I had to delete all my messages in the end which cleared the problem but not the solution I wanted, but thanks for replying.

I have just installed Message + on an unbranded Galaxy Alpha running Lollipop, how do I get Call + as there is no menu with an upgrade button?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BobDel

To download the Call+ app, choose the Menu button from the Android home screen. Tap on the red Updates icon, then on Vodafone Call+ & Message+ and your download will begin.

There’s a lot more information about the app on our Call+ help and support page.

You say the Android home screen, with Lollipop the old menu has gone that you used to be able to access and there is nowhere in the Message + app to be able to perform an upgrade to get Talk +

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm not convinced you can do this on an unbranded phone.   Call+ is only available through Vodafone Updates and I think you have to have a branded device to get this (I can't find it on the Play store).   I'm also not sure whether Call+ will work on an unbranded device.

You could try installing Vodafone Start and see if that gives you access to it, but my guess is probably not.

I have Vodafone Start installed and it will allow me to download Message + but not Talk and so far Message + appears to be working. It seems like another instance where Vodafone only like you to buy a phone directly from them!!

hrym

The Call+ update to Messge+ only seems to be available from Vodafone Updates and is not on the Play store.  Having an unbranded phone gives you certain advantages (faster firmware updates, less "bloatware"), but does come at the cost of not having access to certain network services.   From this thread, I conclude that includes Call+, which may well require some of the elements of branded software to work.