Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data button disappeared

aknox158
2: Seeker

Hi Everyone!

Simnce switching my S6 on this morning i have found that the mobile network "quick start" button which is ususually found when swiping down the phone along with the "wifi" "Location" and "sound/mute" buttoms etc are is no longer showing up. I have looked on the edit part of the quick settings to see if it was in there and it isn't. I can now longer access my mobile internet. Any help on this would be great,

AKnox158

47 REPLIES 47

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like there could potentially be an issue with the mobile data in your area.  Do you have any friends or family who are in the same area that you could check with to see if they are having any problems?

Also, have you powered down and restarted the device?  That can often sort out these wierd sort of glitches.

PWIAC

hi i have samsung s6 mine has disappeared 5 mins ago i am on EE contract someone else reported this on a different forum also 

i think there is some sort of issue here. just like the other recently reported problem that samsung S6 phones are randomly rebooting

aknox158
I backed up my phone and then performed a factory reset. Not ideal but it solved the issue.

R_H78
This seems to very wide spread it's all over Google. don't want to factory reset if possible as don't wanna lose all my stuff on the phone. has anyone found a way of sorting this??

This appears to be a world wide problem. Same issues reported on Verizon in USA and I have the problem in Qatar.

Seems Android has updated without informing anyone.

Hopefully some at Android will notice this quickly and put things back how they were.

Meantime you have to access your mobile data on/off switch via Settings - Data Usage. Not ideal at all.

claudeshore
3: Seeker
Hi. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday on my S6 Edge. It doesn't help your situation but I'm adding my voice to this issue.

claudeshore
Incidentally I live in Bournemouth UK and there are no issues with mobile connection as my wife's S4, also on Vodafone, is perfectly fine. Hoping it's a software issue....

debsg
1: Seeker
Yep. Me too. S6 edge. Had a pretty big update yesterday then discovered button missing. I'm ok but not good for anyone on a limited plan who may turn mobile networks on only when needed!! I'm South Australia

The mobile data button from the top menu has vanished. Looking on the net and twitter it seems to be a common problem. How do I get it back?