main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Mobile data not working after Jellybean update

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Hi,

Yesterday my phone notified me that there was an update so I allowed it to update using wifi.  The phone rebooted and everything seemed to load and work fine with no problems.

However, later when I was away from home I attempted to turn on mobile data and it now doesn't work.  It says that mobile data is turned on but I don't get the little icon at the top to say it's connected, and if I try to use anything that requires data it says there's no connection. 

I tried restarting the phone, turning it off and on again, changing it from auto mode to GSM only mode but nothing worked. :smileysad:

My signal is good and I have no problems making or receiving phone calls.  Before the update my mobile data worked with no problems.

Any help much appreciated, thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi, someone else had the same problem, heres what they did,

text 'web' to 40127 which re-installed my net settings

Try this.

View solution in original position

View more options
16 REPLIES 16

Try this.

View solution in original position

View more options
4: Newbie

@63johnw wrote:

Try this.

This seems to have sorted it, thanks so much :smileyvery-happy:

View more options
1: Seeker
yipppeeee that just sorted mine. many thanks
View more options
3: Seeker

How long does it normally take to reset the network settings? I have had the same problem after updating the OS and sent a text with the word web to 40127 but so far, no change:mansad:

View more options
Try sending it again.

When you set up the phone did you pick vodafone uk (required for monthly contract) ir Vodafone pre paid (pay as you go)? For your network ?
View more options

I checked and the network is set to Vodafone UK as I am on monthly contract. I also texted again with no joy. This is getting very frustrating as I need to use the web on the go almost every day :manfrustrated:

View more options
Go to settings, more settings, mobile networks, access point names. Then press the menu button and add new apn. Then use settings below and once completed ensure its the one selected. Hopefully thus will help.
These settings are as follows;
Name: Vodafone internet
APN: internet
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: web
Password: web
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS Port: Not set
MCC: 234
MNC: 15
Authentication type: None
APN type: default
APN protocol: IPv4 (unchangeable)
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
View more options

Thanks - as it happens I was out and about today so I missed the forum post - made the mistake of ringing Vodafone this morning and had my usual frustrating conversation. It appears that if you set up your business account through a third party, no-one at Vodafone can help you direct.

Anyway, I contacted Pescado (the reseller) and within an hour had the same details, plus a few more for other APN and this has resolved the problem, so thanks again and hopefully this will help anyone else in the same boat.

:manhappy:

View more options
1: Seeker

Thanks this has really helped my out on my Galaxy S4 :smileyhappy:

View more options
2: Seeker
Hi john, I trdied that but nothing happened still no connection. ...help pls.
View more options
Hi anne have you tried selecting another network (eg O2) then going back to Vodafone ?

Go to settings, more settings, mobile networks, network operators, then select one then change it back.

Have you tried a factory reset ?
View more options
No I didnt try factory reset because It doesnt open aftr updating and reboot, instead I went to a shop and told me they will reset the phone. They reset but have no connection anymore when it turns on. I will try to go to other network as wht u told me.
View more options
Are you sure you have mobile data enabled ?

Settings, more settings, mobile networks and then tick mobile data.
View more options
Hi , I tried wht u said nothings change, but not yet the factory reset..hw do u do tht?
View more options
Go to settings, back up and reset, then reset. It will wipe your phone and put it back to the as new state. Make sure you have backed up anything you want to keep.
View more options
16: Advanced member

Hi there

First things first backup ALL your personal data as a factory reset will wipe it all.  Your contacts should already be backed up to your GMail account. If you want to back up your text messages, there is a handy, free app you can install called SMSbackup+.

Once you have backed up your data, do the following in order to reset your phone:

Go to Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device

Once it completes, you will set your phone up from scratch.  Hopefully this will work for you.

EDIT: I see 63johnw beat me to it!

PWIAC

View more options