main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Modem Huawei E272 Drivers Problem

N/A
Hi all , my modem isn´t working cause of the drivers
I actually have Windows 7 x64 , and the drivers that came included with the plugnplay modem aren´t supported by my windows as it says : There was a problem installing the drivers , and the win does not recognize the modem almost at all , cause it recognize it as a usb storage device , but not as a modem ... Please could you be able to tell me from where could I download the newest drivers that have support for Windows 7 x64 , thank you

Apreciated : Yaroslav Georgiev Varbanov

p.d.: excuse me because of my bad English
View more options
4 REPLIES
N/A
Hi all , my modem isn´t working cause of the drivers
I actually have Windows 7 x64 , and the drivers that came included with the plugnplay modem aren´t supported by my windows as it says : There was a problem installing the drivers , and the win does not recognize the modem almost at all , cause it recognize it as a usb storage device , but not as a modem ... Please could you be able to tell me from where could I download the newest drivers that have support for Windows 7 x64 , thank you

Apreciated : Yaroslav Georgiev Varbanov

p.d.: excuse me because of my bad English

by the way , the first time that I connected the usb modem it did work , but sometime after it didn´t. I red about the same problem but with different modems , is this the "stuck in usb storage device problem"? And is the solution that you give to the rest of the people same for me?

This one SwitchZCOPTION.zip ( 60.21K ) Number of downloads: 13
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Icyfire and welcome to the eForum, :)

We're always here to help so you've come to the right place.

The first thing i would advise is to download and install the latest version of the full VMC software, currently VMC 9.4.4, from the Vodafone business website.

VMC lite is a convenient alternative however where users are experiencing problems with this and Windows 7 i always recommend the full version.

You will have to unplug the modem and uninstall the current VMC version, followed by a full reboot (restart your computer), install the full VMC, and then plug in your modem when prompted.

Please keep me posted on your progress as I’m keen to find out how you're doing.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

View more options
N/A
Im having exactly the same problem. Ive tried the suggested solutions as above but nothing works. The modem driver still has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. can anyone help please.
View more options
Hi Yusuf Essop,

A warm welcome to the eForum! :D

There a few known issues with using a modem with Windows 7, however most are easily resolvable. :)

Depending on which model you have depends on the fault type and resolution so I recommend you click the link above and take a look down the list for your model and the fault you’re experiencing.

Let me know how you get on. :)

All the best

Jenny
eForum Team

View more options