main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Multitasking question for Vodafone Note 2 owners

4: Newbie

Hi,

I have a quick couple of questions for people who have got a Note 2 through Vodafone.

On your multi-tasking bar (reached with a long press on the back button in case you haven't found it yet!) is the maps app there? Also is there an edit button at the bottom of the bar to allow you to import and export apps which allow multi-tasking?

I am checking to see whether this is just a glitch on my phone or whether it's an effect of the Vodafone branded firmware on the phone.

Thanks.

View more options
41 REPLIES 41
No-one able to have a quick look at their multi-tasking bar to check this out for me?
View more options

No maps in my multitasking either and no edit button at bottom. Looked on you tube and saw a video of what you mean. Can't find any settings in phone to allow edits!

View more options

Cheers Olivergrace.

Could a mod pass this on to be investigated. I would be interested to know if this is a result of Vodafone modifying the firmware.

I am far from being competent in these things but I posted my firmware version in another forum and it was different from people running unlocked phones. This is to be expected, but more importantly for me, they had both the maps app and an edit facility. I can't see any reason why Vodafone customers shouldn't have the same options.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hey,  I'm experiencing the exact same problem.  I have a work friend who went out and got the same phone and they can edit their multi-tasking side-bar but I can't.  Is this an issue thats going to be fixed or is this a fault that will need a replacement phone??

View more options
I suspect it's a side effect if Vodafone's tweaking the firmware. Just to ask again could a mod pass this on.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there everyone,

Can you confirm the firmware version for me?

Once we have this information we'll pass it on for you.

Cheers,

LeeH

View more options
Is that under build number in about device?

If so it's JRO03C.NT7100XXALIJ.

View more options

Although I'm pretty sure when I checked my firmware version via Kies it was different to that.

View more options
View more options
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

That's a good start. The more we can get the better for investigation, though, so if anyone else can post theirs that will help.

loftus - It's the Android version we need. The guys here, for example, have 4.1.1 on their devices.

Dave

View more options
I also have 4.1.1
View more options
I've got the same problem and I'm on the same firmware. I'd like to be able to get the most out of such a great feature and to be able to edit and put maps on it would be excellent. I hope we can get a response saying how to fix it.
View more options

Attached is my info.  I was hoping to add a file explorer to assist with opening and adding attachments.  Its very disappointing to see Vodafone persiting with this type of clumsiness. 

It reminds me of an HTC CE phone a few years back where the button used to launch calendar with dedicated to video calls, giving the phone no less than hardware two buttons dedicated to launching video calls!  I meet Vodafone Executives from time that all agreed it was crazy but it never got changed.

Just shows a big company that fundamentally does not understand or care about the products they sell.

View more options

Attachments

Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

With five of you now listing the same firmware, that's a reasonable sample for us to pass on and get this looked into.

I've forwarded the details you've provided, and as soon as we hear something back we'll let you know.

Dave

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all,

The guys have started looking into this now, and have asked if I can get you to provide a little more information to hopefully help speed things up.

Can you dial *#1234# (star - hash - 1234 - hash) and send, then post the "AP", "CS" and "CSC" entries here for me?

Dave

View more options
Hi. Here is mine...

View more options
View more options
View more options