Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlocking Code (NUC)

strippy74
4: Newbie

Hi

I have recently been given an iPhone 4s which is locked to the Vodafone network and the owener has now moved to the other side of the world so contact is limited.

How can i get teh phone unlocked to use on other networks?

Can i purchase a pay as you go SIM, top it up with £20 and then complete your NUC forms? is this acceptable?

thanks

Strippy74 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. You'd need the credit on a Vodafone SIM to be able to pay for the code (as mentioned on the request form). 

You'd then need to wait for Apple to send the code (this is done via iTunes when you connect the phone to a computer)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Hi

the plot thickens....!

The original owner has emailed me to tell me after checking his records, the phone is a PAYG.

I have topped the phone up with £20, can I or am I able to complete the NUC form or does it still have to be the original owner?

thanks

Hi @ jeffkinn

following you quote "Vodafone will only ever unlock a phone for the original owner I'm afraid."

does this also apply to PAYG phone over 24 months old?

thanks

jeffkinn

No that only applies to contract phones. All a PAYG phone needs is an active sim with at least £19.99 credit on it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks jeffkinn

you words are like music to my ears.

I have topped up the phone today with £20 adn completed the NUC form online.

hopefully within 10 working days my phone will be unlocked. fingers crossed.

Will keep you posted.

once again, thank you.

Hi 

I submitted the NUC form onl;ine over 48 hours ago adn there is still £20 credit on the PAYG SIM.

Is this normal? If Vodafone have to go back to Apple, do Vodafone take the £19.99 fee after or before?

thanks

Jay

been back to vodafone about unlock code ,they all should wear big red spoon shaped shoes and have liar tattoed on their foreheads starting with the c.e.o. whilts someone playing the march of the clowns.

Hi

I wanted to let you know that I have actually recieved adn email from The NUC team at Vodafone and they are in the process of unlocking my phone

I stil have to wait 48 hours, so i will try conecting this to iTunes and keep trying as suggested by another user earlier in this thread.

thank you all for your help. I will be back ina weekand will let you know how i get/got on.

more empty promisess from the clowns at vodafone told it had been put into top priority and i wwould get the unlock code straight away that was four days ago .Then it was going to be today ,nothing.Ive up their clowns to the top of the tree now ,cant get better than a vodafone liar .

jeffkinn

@strippy74 Good news but bear in mind that Apple doesn't rush to unlock phones. They can take many days to process the unlock and there is nothing that Vodafone can do about it and Apple won't tell you anything.

@bobsomer as I've said before, iPhones don't have unlock codes. If you don't have an iPhone your posting on the wrong board.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkin - thanks for you help

@kids - thanks for all you pointers much appreciated

lets see what transpires in a week Sunday.