Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network unlocking LG G4

viggen
4: Newbie

Hi,

I've recently applied for an unlock code and now have received an email but it seems something is missing from the instructions. This is what I received

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone so you can use it on a different network. Your code is ############.

Using your code

1. Switch Phone off2. Put a non-VF Sim card in3. S

The instructions stop at 3 with S!!! so I am at a loss as to what to do next.

I put the non VF sim in and was expecting the phone to start up with a message asking for sim network unlock pin but nothing. Phone just goes into usual home screen.

The new sim card is not recognised and will only allow emergency calls so any idea what i do next please?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Is the non Vodafone SIM card you're using already activated and working?  If not, you will need to make sure that it is before you try and use that SIM card to unlock the handset. 

There have been some suggestions online that you open your dialler and enter  2945#*???# where ??? represents your model number and that will bring up the unlock menu.  I don't know how accurate that information is, so you may be best calling customer services on 191 when you get a chance

PWIAC

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p

Hi there

Is the non Vodafone SIM card you're using already activated and working?  If not, you will need to make sure that it is before you try and use that SIM card to unlock the handset. 

There have been some suggestions online that you open your dialler and enter  2945#*???# where ??? represents your model number and that will bring up the unlock menu.  I don't know how accurate that information is, so you may be best calling customer services on 191 when you get a chance

PWIAC

I was using a giffgaff card which was already up and running in my old Samsung.
I have tried the online suggestion you mentioned and hey presto it worked!.

With regard to the model number mine is an H815 and I just dropped the H when entering the code to bring up the unlock menu.

Thanks for your help.

I am obviously sticking with Vodafone for what is left on my contract but it's always nice to know I now have another option at my disposal.

drey_p

I'm glad I was able to help you 😀 and more to the point that the suggestion worked!

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @viggen

I have also come across advice in the past that it can be beneficial to use one of the main networks SIM cards and not a Mobile Virtual Network Operator SIM card. 

If you are still stuck perhaps nip into a Vodafone Highstreet Store and they maybe able to assist. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.