Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 Marshmallow OTA update

henky67
3: Seeker

Hey, does anyone know when the nexus 6 will be getting the marshmallow OTA update? I know other networks have started...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJMC-1966
4: Newbie
Well, 8 days after the first part came through, I'm now downloading the full Marshmallow upgrade.
It's telling me it may take up to 45 minutes to install! I'm hoping that's for an older, slow phone than the N6.

Will install and pop back in a few days.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Vodafones policy is Firmware Statement

"When will the update be available?

As above, there are a number of factors which influence a release date. This means we can’t give a date - even an estimate would often change. "

I hope you get some information soon. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

JJMC-1966
Hi, I've just received the first 'M' update which is a precursor for the full update.

In 'about phone my build number is: LMY48T which is' part 1'.

I know from having previous Nexus phones that the updates are sent out in batches and Google monitor bugs etc in each release, I appear to be receiving updates pretty quickly with this phone so I will update the thread again as soon as I get part 2.

Jonathan

henky67
Hi all, thanks for this. Stuck with nexus phones for years as stock android is excellent, but every release Vodafone are always slower than every other network.

Just got LMY48TT today.... So fingers crossed!

Thanks again!

JJMC-1966
Well, 8 days after the first part came through, I'm now downloading the full Marshmallow upgrade.
It's telling me it may take up to 45 minutes to install! I'm hoping that's for an older, slow phone than the N6.

Will install and pop back in a few days.

JJMC-1966
I know I said I'd be back in a few days but I thought I'd pass on that Android 6 appears to support USB OTG.

I have a 32 GB N6 so use a 64GB dual connector memory stick with an app called Nexus Media Importer. When I connected the stick for the first time since update, the OS recognised the external memory and allowed me to explore the memory without having to launch the nexus media app.

henky67
Just read this message then I got the notification! Thanks ks for the info!

How are you finding it on the 6 so far?

JJMC-1966
Smoother transitions, a few new features, but the battery life has been the most obvious and noticeable improvement.
Will do a bit of digging on the USB OTG thing too, if it's fully supported that'd be great but don't recall reading about it prior to the update.