Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 P

dazzle
4: Newbie

I Ordered one  in October as an upgrade, the order never progressed and after several live chats, wasted day off as I was assured all was ok,  I've now been told by vodafone (Irish call centre) that you no longer offer the phone. Yet it's still listed, with free tablet, on the vodafone Web site. 

Can someone here shed any light on this before I use the code and transfer the phone number change networks 

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@dazzle wrote:
I've still a Web order stuck on processing. I've spoken to another customer services person in upgrades and she was all ready to send it out, then came back with a "it's out of stock and Vodafone aren't getting anymore"

I wonder if it's the older Nexus 6 that the order has gone through for... and every time you speak to someone it's that handset they are refering to.

I've just had a quick LC session and the advisor was saying there was "no official update yet" in reference to when the 6P would be on sale. That would lead me to think that Vodafone haven't actually taken delivery of any as yet. I'd take a guess their initial stock hasn't actually arrived and they are not sure when it will appear. If you were to order from the Play Store today it's currently not available until the 12th so Vodafone's 2-3 week estimate probably isn't far off. Carphone Warehouse is only taking Pre-Orders which again would indicate that the handset isn't yet available. 

@dazzle wrote:
They really are quite useless, they don't even know the company making it.

It's a bit of an awkward one, would you class it as Google or Huawei that manufactures it?  For me it's Huawei as they make the pysical device but froma  commercial perspective it's Google as they commisioned it's design and manufacture.

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

dazzle
Didn't make any difference to the upgrade team, Google or Huawei "does not compute".

I know we are not all geeks but you'd think the guys selling the phones would know what they are selling lol.

Nabs

@dazzle wrote:
Didn't make any difference to the upgrade team, Google or Huawei "does not compute".

I know we are not all geeks but you'd think the guys selling the phones would know what they are selling lol.

You'd have thought wouldn't you! haha :smileylol:

stuart85
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered one on upgrade in October, too. I've had every different story you can imagine via LC or on the phone. I was told today (10/11/15) that they're awaiting stock from the manufacturer and hope to update customers 12/11/15.

I know that Google themselves were left flat-footed with demand for the 6P and even pre-orders on the Play Store were delayed. Google offered customers in that situation a $25 credit in the Play Store.

I wouldn't have minded if Vodafone had been open from the outset, but I've been told twice that my phone would be dispatched that day and was actually even told once that there was stock in. What really annoys me as a customer is the inability to get one, consistent message out.

Nabs

@stuart85 wrote:

I wouldn't have minded if Vodafone had been open from the outset, but I've been told twice that my phone would be dispatched that day and was actually even told once that there was stock in. What really annoys me as a customer is the inability to get one, consistent message out.

That's something that has been picked up in the past @stuart85. Vodafone have traditionally had a policy of saying nothing unless it's concrete. If advisors don't have the information they shouldn't be making it up. Unfortunately there still appears to be advisors who don't seem to follow the rules.

Looking at the Play Store this morning the device has changed from 2-3 weeks to just being listed as "Out of Stock" with the option to join a waitlist. It appears there are some serious problems getting hold of the 32GB model at the moment, I guess the demand was a bit much for Google to cope with. 64GB looks to be fine, shame the UK retailers are not stocking that variant

@Nabs I've just had a quick look on the Google Store and it's saying 32GB Graphite 6Ps will be dispatched by 12/11/15, so maybe there's hope that the update on Thursday will be positive!

Nabs

Ahh It appears so!

Must have missed that, cheers @stuart85

dazzle
Just a heads up, they are in stock as of today. Mines being sent out for delivery tomorrow with tablet :Laughing_Face:

Nabs

@dazzle Fantastic news! 

Yeah, mine is out for delivery at the moment- should be there in the next half hour (wife's at home to sign!).
 @dazzle did you get an email telling you the tablet was in your package? I'm not sure if I was in the lucky few who was early enough to get one.

dazzle
I had to make a new order online today, she assured me it was included. Will see tomorrow plus I got a 20 quid credit on my bill for all the hassle.