Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6P screen colour problem

Avuncular
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

The screen on my brand new Nexus 6P has a cyan tint to it if you look at it from any angle except straight on.

I've read people on the net complaining about the screen having a colour tint when viewed from extreme angles but this is from even the tiniest angle.

I'm very happy with the phone apart from that but I know it's gonna drive me nuts.

What should I do? Return it and get a replacement?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Avuncular

Welcome to the eforum as a new member. 

With Vodafone a person has from day 1 to day 14 to request a new replacement if they feel the phone is faulty. 

From day 15 to day 30 Vodafone will want to send it off to be checked to see if it's faulty and if so will swap it out for a new one. 

From day 31+ it's a repair only. 

It's caught your your attention and as you say after searching it seems it's not an isolated case. 

If this was me I'd visit Vodafone shops and others to check out their working display models to see if those are exhibiting the same issue. 

The decision would be then to try another new replacement or change tact and choose a different model. (Only available if within first 14 days as Cooling Off Period to change make / model of phone)

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Avuncular

Welcome to the eforum as a new member. 

With Vodafone a person has from day 1 to day 14 to request a new replacement if they feel the phone is faulty. 

From day 15 to day 30 Vodafone will want to send it off to be checked to see if it's faulty and if so will swap it out for a new one. 

From day 31+ it's a repair only. 

It's caught your your attention and as you say after searching it seems it's not an isolated case. 

If this was me I'd visit Vodafone shops and others to check out their working display models to see if those are exhibiting the same issue. 

The decision would be then to try another new replacement or change tact and choose a different model. (Only available if within first 14 days as Cooling Off Period to change make / model of phone)

Current Phone  >

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try and get to a shop on Friday. Will they have a showroom model working that I can look at?

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I'm not sure what working demo models will be in the various Vodafone shops. 

If they don't then try others such as Carphone Warehouse etc. 

Just to note.

If the phone was sent to you via courier then the shop won't be able to swap it out. You'll need to contact Customer service

How-do-I-return-a-faulty-product.

Current Phone  >

Phoned Vodafone and they're sending a replacement.

I have to give the courier the old one when he brings the new one.

Should I do a factory reset on the phone? Not sure it's a good idea to leave any personal stuff on it.

Thanks.

@Avuncular - Yes, please do a factory reset before handing it to the driver.