Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ntlworld email problems on iphone 5S

Mayfair321
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi
Last week my ntlworld emails suddenly stopped being received on my iPhone 5S. I managed to rectify it by following some instructions that I had googled but then I had 40,000 emails on my phone! I have cleared my inbox on my PC so there is no reason for so many emails to have downloaded onto my phone unread. A couple of days later the same problem happened and no more emails came through. I have rectified this again but still have 32,000 unread emails!! Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
The problem is with NTL changing their setting often more often than they change their socks.

NTL uses the Google mil platform to handle its mails and I found the only way to stop hundreds of mils reappearing was to firstly delete the account from your phone. Then go to NTL webmail and create an archive folder sand move all of your old email there, the mails will remain accessible should you want them. Then add the account back onto your phone and only select the Inbox and Sent Boxes option, that way anything in the archive folder will not be downloaded.

Alternatively do what I did years ago and set up a Hotmail now called Outlook account, it is far more manageable than NTL. Unfortunately the option to forward mail from NTL to another account is 'broken' and NTL say they have no plans to mend it, quite disgraceful really when even the most basic free email services allow automatic forwarding of emails.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

kids
The problem is with NTL changing their setting often more often than they change their socks.

NTL uses the Google mil platform to handle its mails and I found the only way to stop hundreds of mils reappearing was to firstly delete the account from your phone. Then go to NTL webmail and create an archive folder sand move all of your old email there, the mails will remain accessible should you want them. Then add the account back onto your phone and only select the Inbox and Sent Boxes option, that way anything in the archive folder will not be downloaded.

Alternatively do what I did years ago and set up a Hotmail now called Outlook account, it is far more manageable than NTL. Unfortunately the option to forward mail from NTL to another account is 'broken' and NTL say they have no plans to mend it, quite disgraceful really when even the most basic free email services allow automatic forwarding of emails.

Thank you! Took a while move and delete all those emails but it seems to have worked! Thanks again for your help.