main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

One X digitiser has intermittent dead strip

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Got my One X from CPW on 12 June, and it has generally been fine apart from the odd freeze, which was fixed by pushing the power button to put it in Sleep, then wake again. The GPS seems pretty accurate, and no Wi-Fi issues. It's unlocked running 1.29.401.11 on Vodafone.

In the last couple of days, the digitizer has developed a strange intermittent fault, which I first noticed when trying to type in SwiftKey 3 Keyboard. The third row of icons on the home screen also become unresponsive. I also checked in the Paint note in Note Everything, and that illustrates the problem clearly. The attached shows the gap in what should be continuous lines. I've tried un-installing potential problem apps, but it remains intermittent. I'm about to try a hard reset to factory settings before going back to CPW, as that is the first thing they will say. It's only 10 days old, so if it's a hardware fault, will they give me a new one?

Anyone any ideas on potential software causes?

Bruce

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
4: Newbie

Question asnwered here:

http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-xl/569125-one-x-digitiser-has-intermittent-dead-strip.html

Looks like a hardware fault. Going back for a swap.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BruceCk,

Thanks for the update, it's good to hear you've found a resolution to your query.

If you do have any further questions, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andy

View more options
2: Seeker

I have this exact same problem on my upgrade handset from Vodafone.

IS this a known hardware issue and does anyone know how I resolve it other than sending the phone to Vodafone/HTC for a fix?

Thanks

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi The_Gaffer

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

Please can you let me know if you have tried the tests suggested in the previous thread from BruceCk?

Please take the device to your local store and one of our experts will be able to take a look and advise you of your best options or alternatively we can arrange a postal repair.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the welcome.

I got the phone to boot in to safe mode then tried the line drawing test and sure enough it showed a dead spot in the middle of the screen. It's still intermittent, but was stopping me use my secuirty pattern to unlock teh phone last night so is becoming very infuriating.

I'll get in touch about a postal repair as not sure I'll have time to get to a shop this weekend.

Thanks

View more options