Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Oneplus One activating data and picture messages

TomNixon
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, 

I have just bought a Oneplus One, after transfering my sim card from my old iphone to the OPO I received the text message saying 

"It looks like you've recently swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sedning picture messages, you need to update your settings manually as your device doesnt support automatic settings updates."

The problem is I can't find anything explaining how to update these settings when following the link provided on my OPO, so currently stuck! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The APN's for Android are

HOW TO CONNECT AN ANDROID PHONE TO VODAFONE MOBILE INTERNET
Getting your Android handset online can be a challenge when it comes to putting the settings in manually but don’t worry, we're here to help.

From the home screen:

Tap the Menu button
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless and networks or More... (depending on your version of Android)
Tap Mobile Networks
Tap Access point names
Tap the Menu button
Tap New APN
Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Name - Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
MMS Port - 8799
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - If given a choice, select internet+mms, if the keyboard appears enter *
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the Menu button
Tap Save
Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it
Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working

You may need to contact customer services on 191 or Live Chat to ask for your account to be Re Provisioned for MMS Id it does not work for MMS. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

hrym

That's a very odd one.  In the first instance, can you factory reset the phone to see if that solves it.   If you have contacts and calendar on it, make sure they're fully sync'd and back up any content you can't easily replace.

If that fails, you may need to go back to where you bought the phone from.

Thanks very much for this. When I checked my recently updated and purchased OnePlus X, the APN seciont had a preconfigured setup for Vodafone Contract Internet, however the settings in there did not match those listed here.

I went through an amended hem to reflect EXACTLY what is listed here, paying special attention to the items not in brackets (for contract SIMS) and those in brackets (for PAYG SIMS), and then saved them.

A few  moments later the data kicked in.

Thank you so much