main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Online Query System

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Last Tuesday (10th May) night I sent Vodafone an email regarding upgrade options for my current contrac ending next month. I've yet to receive any sort of reply other than an automated email saying they'd get back to me within two working days. I know last week Vodafone were having problems with there website. Is this likely to have delayed or compromised my query in some way? Should I try sending a new query? The query number given was 191622.

On an unrelated note I see that Vodafone are selling the new Huawei P9 on PAYG for only £300. This seems like a great price, but it's currently listed as delivery in 1 to 2 weeks. I assume this means it's out of stock. Any ideas when it is likely to be back in stock? Is the 2 weeks timeframe realistic or is that more likely a place holder with an actual delivery time unknown?

Thanks for any help

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

They probably are from different pools of available stock. 

And would possibly want to use available phones for contracts. 

Yes phones supplied by Vodafone would accept both Payg and Contract SIM cards. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @ram201

Vodafone no longer have a manned working email address which is why you've not recieved a reply. 

Yes that sounds like the phone is currently not in stock for despatch. As fellow customers we wouldn't know Vodafones schedules for when they come in stock for despatch. Stocking levels I think woukd change quite fast. 

Perhaps as an alternative and if local and convenient try your Vodafone Highstreet store. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Thanks for the reply. I don't quite understand. The "email" I sent was via My Account. I just pressed the upgrade my phone option and it brought up a form to fill in with a brief description of what I was looking for in my next phone. I then received a confirmation email stating that the customer service team would be in touch in two working days. Is this system not active anymore?

The query is listed under the Email us section in My Account as open. That's why I assumed it was an email.

The local Vodafone store doesn't have the P9 in stock either. Maybe the phone was more popular than Vodafone were expecting. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for your help

View more options

You're welcome. 

The reply you received is automated. Afaik a reply wouldn't be forthcoming. 

Shame about stock in the Vodafone Highstreet store. 

Perhaps have a look in the independents such as CPW !

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Regarding the Huawei P9 again. I see Vodafone also has it as a part of a contract. However, this has a delivery time of 2-4 days. How can the delivery times be so different? Are they not the same phone? I was considering buying it and then putting a pay monthly SIM in it because this would work out cheaper. Would this not be possible. Are PAYG phones different in someway?

View more options

They probably are from different pools of available stock. 

And would possibly want to use available phones for contracts. 

Yes phones supplied by Vodafone would accept both Payg and Contract SIM cards. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

The P9 is about £150 more expensive at CPW!

Thanks again for the help. I'll contact Vodafone via phone regarding the upgrade.

View more options

I guess that makes sense regarding the stock. Do you think I'd be able to use the PAYG phone with a pay monthly SIM only deal? It's only limitation should be that it's locked to Vodafone right? Thanks

EDIT Just saw your reply in the previous post. Thanks again for your help

View more options

No worries. 

You're very welcome. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options