Ask

Solution

PA34 Oban

sophiehall
3: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. PA34 Oban

No signal accross Oban.

Postcode PA34 (see profile for full postcode)

Taken simcard out and in. changed carriers to manual search and still didn't work.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

phone has no service

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Wednesday 12/07/17- intermittent now nothing

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Was intermittent now perminent as of last night at about 9pm

Member of local community has noticed wires flying off mast. Photos taken from facebook.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My phone is now working again.  But I am very concerned that on 2 occasions Vodafone via 'complaints' and 'live chat' denied any problems in the Oban area and tried to blame my handset for the problem. Also I did not receive any notification in advance of the work to update the mast, which other customers in the area did either by text or email. As an older customer reliant on my phone for emergencies I think this is poor customer service.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

sophiehall

Have had updates on facebook from people who are unable to access their account.

They have identified the following postcodes as having a problem

Pa34 4lx

PA344DD

Pa344az

some more postcodes where there is no signal

PA34 4GB

pa34 5at

Debbyc11
1: Seeker

I also have no signal in Oban. I have sent a complaint to Vodafone because they say it's not a problem with the network!

TAC10
1: Seeker

PA345PA no signal either. Vodafone customer service a joke, tried to sell me a signal booster box for £70. Sort it out Vodafone, this has been going on for a week on and off and now off since 9.30 last night

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sophiehall, @CLS and @TAC10 – I’ve checked the coverage in your areas and you should get 2G at the locations provided.

Your local site (4746) has recently been updated and everything now looks to be running fine.

Please restart your phones and let us know how you get on.

@StephA@ancientcodger and @Debbyc11 – If you’re in or near any of the postcode areas provided above, you’ll be connecting to the same sites.

Please also restart your phones as this should now be resolved.

If you’re in different areas, or are still having problems, please get back to us with your full postcodes.

My phone is now working again.  But I am very concerned that on 2 occasions Vodafone via 'complaints' and 'live chat' denied any problems in the Oban area and tried to blame my handset for the problem. Also I did not receive any notification in advance of the work to update the mast, which other customers in the area did either by text or email. As an older customer reliant on my phone for emergencies I think this is poor customer service.