Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Personalised Ringtones

lixwmbill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just bought a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. I'm having trouble assigning different mp3 ringtones to different contacts. Its OK assigning an mp3 as a general ringtone, but I can't see how to set them individually. (When you select a contact and try to change the ringtone, it just gives a list of the default Vodafone ringtones.) Anyone know how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Many thanks for all the responses.... and I've sorted it....!!

pick a contact and select edit, then ringtone. When the list of ringtones comes up, swipe down the screen and a "More ringtones" option appears at the top of the screen. Tap this option and any music files in the ringtones or download folders appear. pick the one you want and hey presto. All contacts can have their own ringtone.

Thanks again for all your input. I'll come back with more queries I'm sure..

Cheers,  Bill

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, I don't have that phone but on my Android phone the other ringtones appear in the list, when I open up the contact and go to assign a ringtone, ones I have downloaded are mixed in with the list of default ones.

Hi John, thanks for the response. My mp3 ringtones are on an SD card I transferred from my old phone. So, maybe I need to download one and see if it puts it into the ringtones folder? I'll try that and see if it works. Cheers, Bill

That didn't work.... ayone with any other ideas?

hrym

When you downloaded the ringtone, did you see the file in the ringtones folder?  The possibility is that the phone is looking there (only) but the download has gone to the download folder.  The obvious thing then would be to move the file to where the phone wants it to be, but you may find that system folders are protected on an unrooted device.  It may be possible to change the permissions with a file manager app, but that would be at your own risk :smileysurprised:

Hi, and thanks for the respose. Yes, just coming to the same conclusion. The ringtones folder isn't accessible (as you thought) and its the only place thats looked in for ringtones by the software. Looks like I'm stumped on this one.... Cheers, Bil

hrym

I suspect that the ringtone would need to be downloaded as such but, as I've never done it, I don't know how to go about it.  The other possibility would be to see if you can find a utility that converts MP3s to ringtones and which might then put them in the right place.  Android security being what it is, though, it's possible it wouldn't have access to a system folder either.

I did this  today and it works!  I am ridiculously pleased with myself :Smiling:

Thank you.

63johnw
The one I downloaded from zedge is in my list but as I say my phone isn't the same.

Hi, just downloaded one from Zedge, but regrettably it hasn't gone into the ringtones list...... still working on it..... Cheers,  Bill