main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Phantom calls from my mobile phone

2: Seeker

My brother-in-law turned his phone on this morning and found a missed call from my phone number timed at 18.32 yesterday evening. Which is more than a bit puzzling as, at that time, my phone was lying on a shelf quietly minding its own business while I watched the TV!

I've checked with him that it definitely was my number that called him (it was); I've checked my phone and I've checked my account on Vodafone and there is no record of this call - which there wouldn't be as I didn't make the call. There is no one else in my house who could have made this call.

I am very concerned that something very odd is going on. Help!

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

That's an odd one, but it may be just a glitch.  It may have been a call from someone else that has logged itself on your brother's phone as being from you.  If there's nothing on your Vodafone account, it suggests that your phone isn't at fault, but I'd check again in case the system simply hasn't caught up.   You could also look at the call logs on your phone.

The other thing would be to make sure that your brother hasn't somehow got your number under another contact - either accidentally or by a corruption in the contacts.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi - thank you for your reply.

I checked the call logs yesterday and today but nothing showing. Nothing on my Vodafone account (checked again today and it's caught up with all my calls but the one to my brother in law doesn't show).

His phone showed my name as being who the call was from and I asked him to check the number behind the contact name and it did show my number.

It's very odd and I'd like to be reassured that this is a one off and that the rest of my contacts aren't going to start getting phantom phone calls from my phone.

I did think it might be one of those things where the notification somehow disappears into the ether then finally emerges a little while later (with our previous phones, me and the other half sometimes found texts we sent each other didn't show up for a day or so) - but then I realised I have never phoned my brother in law from this particular phone (Galaxy S3) - and the last time I did phone him on his mobile was about 3 months ago.

View more options
17: Community Champion

If there's nothing in your logs and nothing showing on Vodafone, I suspect it's entirely likely that the issue isn't at your end.

If your brother did have your number under another contact (by some fluke), the call would show as coming from the first contact on the list.

View more options