Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S5 SIM swap problem

DBG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I got the email replied by Vodafone complaint handling team I depressed. Just give one try via this eForum.

I went to the local Vodafone shop to swap my SIM card and to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy Ace2 to Samsung Galaxy S5 on 06/12/2014. My old contract was with Vodafone. They have just transferred my old contacts and messages but failed/forgot to swap the SIM which I realized when my wife told that I have got new number. Then I have done Live Chat 3 times and phoned 4 times to get sorted out this problem but yet to wait for just to swap the SIM card.

My old mobile has no network connection and new one has shown ‘‘Not Registered on Network’’ since yesterday evening. I am contactless for 23 hours and not sure how long it goes. This issue has been escalated 4 days ago. Error handling technical team has given me another 24 hours from yesterday evening which will be finished in next hour but still problem exist. Can someone help me please?

Thanking you,

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Try using LiveChat as they have been quite good at resolving SIM swap issues.  You can access them via the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page. 

PWIAC

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Your Live Chat team are not efficient to do SIM card Swap. I have explained these things in my query. One of your technical team member has advised me to post in this forum.

Any other solution or idea please!

Thanks & regards,

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @DBG,

Our Live help team can activate your SIM card or you can activate it yourself here.

You mention you've got a new number? This would only have happened if you took out a new contract. If you upgraded, you'd keep the same number.

Thanks, 

Matt B

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Matt_B and drey_p are both right.  If you've got a new number, it would be a new contract, not an upgrade.  And, yes, Live Chat are very good at doing SIM activation - I use them in preference to any other method as it seems to come online quickest.

Just to clarify: your number isn't on the SIM, it's on your account and the SIM simply interacts with that, which is why it needs to be activated.