cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Mimo2000
12: Established
Yeah I think some people had problems with downloading some BTU files not sure why thou could of been corrupt file.

Lol I can't see any of the pictures but seems you have it all sorted now so well done..👍

Ok when you downloaded back to mm it will go to default csc which for some reason is vd2 the German one.
So you have 2 options.
1 leave as it is.

This was going to be my final option if no other sugestions worked.

2 reflash using correct files for your 930 or 935 use normal csc not home csc once installed let it start up then once it gets to setting up turn off phone restart in recovery mode clear cache and factory reset phone once more.

I tried this using Smart switch and selecting Emergancy Software Recovery and Initialisation and selecting the Device Initialisation tab.  Entering my Model Number (SM-G930F) and my serial number found the Vodafone Software (VOD) and flashed OK but when rebooted as warning came up along the lines of that there was an ilegal flash and was presented with the setup screen with VD2. Link

The failed update was using the following: G930FXXU1DQB3_G930FOXA1DQB1_BTU dated 01/02/2017

but I also downloaded another (BTU-G930FXXU1DPLT-20170117160813 dated 03/01/2017) which worked great.  

I flashed all the following files without repartition checked.:

rom file flashed.jpg 

rebooted into recovery and cleared cache and factory restore.

Using Phone INFO I now have the following:

csc code.png

and I was able to use system update to install a system patch.

All good in the world of Samsung lol

Thanks Mimo2000 for all your help 

worf105

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
Via email direct to Samsung themselves it also a well known fact that have already stated this themselves on various forums including Sammobile l believe there was a statement on there a few days ago about the February security patch not being available for a couple if weeks or until the Nouget update has been completed. It also states on Sammobile that the January security patch is part of the Nouget update and at the moment this is the only way you will receive the security patch

:robotmad:

Mimo2000
Yeah I saw on SamMobile site the security update should be rolling out soon..🤞

Stevie1
Glad to hear you got everything sorted

Stevie1
Not really about the update but if anyone is interested and you have the Nouget update and want some extra security for your mobile you now can download the new secure folder from the galaxy app store it's just like Knox does a similar job not sure if this will replace Knox in time but any extra security is a plus.

THIS APP WILL ONLY WORK ON ANDROID 7

Stevie1
Not really about the update but if anyone is interested and you have the Nouget update and want some extra security for your mobile you now can download the new secure folder from the galaxy app store it's just like Knox does a similar job not sure if this will replace Knox in time but any extra security is a plus.

THIS APP WILL ONLY WORK ON ANDROID 7

97mralig
5: Helper
Still waiting for the update :Sad_face:

Stevie1
I have it only because l flashed it myself

97mralig
5: Helper
Ahh i see lol. Last time i flashed something was on my S4 and i messed it up and didnt do it right and lost everything. I dont bother to take the risk anymore