main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Spotify - quick question

SOLVED
View solved solution
1: Seeker

Just signed up yesterday on a 24 month contract which includes the entertainment package. I've tried to go through the sign up process for the Spotify premium but when I try to link it to my existing spotify account, it tells me I've already got a spotify premium subscription.

I had the spotify premium via itunes (stupidly. didn't realise it was more expensive that way) and I've turned off auto renewal which is how you're supposed to cancel spotify through apple. It says its active until 21 June.

Does this mean that I won't be able to link my vodafone account to my spotify account until after 21 June? Also, is there a time limit on how quickly i'm supposed to take advantage of the spotify through vodafone? I don't want to miss out just because I'm already paid up to 21 June on my pre-existing spotify subscription.

Cheers

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

@Lumbertubs Spot on, you can't have 2 spotify premium subscriptions running together. As you've already cancelled your existing subscription you will have to wait until the 21st when it expires at which point your account will revert to Free. Once this has happened you can activate your subscription through Vodafone which will start immediately.

The Vodafone entertainment pack doesn't expire so you shouldn't have any problems when you try to add it again next month. 

I made the exact same mistake as you when I signed up :smileyembarrassed: haha

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

@Lumbertubs Spot on, you can't have 2 spotify premium subscriptions running together. As you've already cancelled your existing subscription you will have to wait until the 21st when it expires at which point your account will revert to Free. Once this has happened you can activate your subscription through Vodafone which will start immediately.

The Vodafone entertainment pack doesn't expire so you shouldn't have any problems when you try to add it again next month. 

I made the exact same mistake as you when I signed up :smileyembarrassed: haha

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Perfect. Thanks Nabs

View more options