Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 link dead on site

petelean
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying to buy a SS V3 since before Christmas and when I try to buy it on line from Vodafone I just get a series of question marks underneath the button. I have been in to the shops - Manchester, Birmingham and Norwich and they were all sold out and none of the staff knew when any might come in. Can you throw any light on why I can't buy a SS on line?

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Pete,

You can't buy one online because, like the shops, they don't have any! Hence the question marks 

Further info here..... 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Any-news-on-Sure-Signal-stock/m-p/1397892#M34988     

From post #3 onwards.

Regards,

Mike. 

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

After my previous post I decided to escalate the issue and searched for the Vodafone UK CEO. Happily you can actually email him. I have asked for his assistance in getting this mess sorted out. A reply email informed me that one of his Team will contact me within 24 hours. I post his emailaddress so that anyone else can ask for his help.

AskJeroen@help.vodafone.co.uk 

Good luck. I got a call from a customer services. Turned out to be the unbiquitous overseas call centre. (as a side note I suspect that all the so called experts on this forum area also based overseas and that the photos and names are mere avatars). They trotted out the same rubbish about checking the website and local store stock. When I expressed polite frustration at this they were so rude to me that I have raised another complaint about that treatment. I do hope they record the calls like they say they do. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is a deliberate tactic (the lack of Sure Signal boxes, rather than the non-existent 'customer service'. I can't for a nano second imagine that any public facing corporate would deliberately treat customers like they do, deliberately). Their network is overwhelmed (I have heard rumours of problems with the 4G upgrade) and they need to keep the call volumes down. It won't help their problems if they give people who can't currently access teh ntework, access to the network. This would also be consistent with my experience of poor signal coverage throughout the UK. Only way to get a Sure Signal box seems Ebay. Now if you could just avoid bidding on the one I am bidding on...............

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Unfortunately the Sure Signal we had in stock on 191 have now sold out.

The web store issue has been raised separately in the meantime. Apologies to those still waiting to order a device.

My team are unable to assist on cases that have been escalated above our position, so emails to the CEO won't come to us here.

For more about my department, please visit the 'Meet the team' page.

Thanks,

Ben

At last this sorry tale seems to be at an end. I got a call from a very nice man who could not have been more helpful. Not only was he sorry that I had so many problems, but he found 4 VSS lurking around the stores somewhere and is sending me the two I need. Sods law though, I read through some of the other forums about faults on VSS 1 and it was the power supply that was causing mine to play up. I've since replaced the power supply and my VSS is working fine again. So my advice to all - try a new power supply (you must have one lying around in a draw somewhere if you'rs a hoarder like me) or EMAIL THE CEO and someone might just help you as they did me.