Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 2 lights on but no signal

-pete-
4: Newbie

I have a suresignal 2 which apprears to be working - red and white lights are illuminated but my HTC Desire has stopped connecting to it.

What are the correct settings on my HTC Desire to get suresignal so that I can eliminate any problems with my phone first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@_pete_ this is odd.

I’ve checked all the information set and this is looking OK from this end.

As the phone you’re using is 4G ready, you’ll need to make sure that the 4G has been turned off on the phone as this would take priority of the signal and potentially pushing the Vodafone Sure Signal information to one side. To do this, see below –  

1. To enable or disable 4G on your phone:
    1. On the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
    2. Tap Settings.
    3. Tap Mobile data.
    4. Tap Network mode.
    5. If you want to use 4G, make sure GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto is enabled. If you just want to connect to our 3G network, make sure that GSM / WCDMA auto is enabled.

We’ve sent an update to the Sure Signal device, leave this plugged in and turned on for the next 24 hours.

Once this has completed, reboot the Vodafone Sure Signal with Wi-Fi turned off and 4G turned off and see if this allows you to receive the 3G signal.

If this is still happening, try adding another Vodafone number to the Sure Signal, maybe using a friend or family’s number to see if they’re having the same problem.

You may have had a message stating that there’s been a number added to the Sure Signal, this has been part of the trouble shooting process from this end.

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Please use this Help Troubleshooting link http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Troubleshooting-Please-read-before-posting/td-p/...

Sure Signal FAQs help page https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I had checked the troubleshooting pages before I posted but the one that is nearest to my problem relates to 3G signals and as far as I am aware, we don't have a 3G signal where I live.

The second point is that my suresignal 2 has been working perfectly fine until the last few days when my HTC Desire just stopped showing the signal from the suresignal.  The signal from the nearest repeater works the same as normal, hence the reason for my HTC Desire.

The troubleshooting tips say logon to your account and go to the suresignal tab - I don't have a suresignal tab showing, perhaps that's the problem - how do I get that back??

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi -pete-

Try this ..... 

Next to the main number on your account, select 'Manage' and then under account services you'll see 'Manage services'. 

You'll then see the Sure Signal option.

Regards,

Mike.

I have been through the troubleshooting section and I still have the same problem.  The red and white lights are on an steady, my phone picks up the signal from the nearest vodafone repeater but is not receiving the signal from the suresignal 2 box.

I has previously worked fine until the last week or so.

Where do I go from here ?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

If the troubleshooting tips and help from the Tech Teams / Customer services do not rectify the situation then The Sure Signal Device carries a 24 month warranty.

If your over the warranty period then you may need to purchase a replacement.

Current Phone  >

I would like to be able to verify that it is in fact the suresignal device that is faulty before I bin it.  Also, the excessive cost of a new suresignal makes me wonder if there are any other alternatives  :smileysad:

BandOfBrothers
I certainly concur with your decision to rule out everything before replacing it.

Hopefully Calling Over Wifi when introduced will help.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @-pete-

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.