Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text Font Size

Samdy
6: Helper
6: Helper

On comparing Text Font Size on my new S4 Mini, I find that the text font is tiny compared to my old S3 Mini. Can I increase the font size on the S4 Mini - if yes, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok got it! When in text messaging simply click the volume control on the side of the unit and the font size goes up or down - crude but works. I was holding the phone in my hand and accidently squeezed the volume control - hey presto!

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

hrym
17: Community Champion

Have a look in Settings|Display.   That may only affect the system fonts, though.

Hrym, Yes you are correct: systen fonts 'only'; already done by me. Which is why I mentioned 'Texts Font Size' in my question. So far, there is no comparison between my S3 Mini and S4 Mini - the S3's texts are so much easier to read; so step backwards for clarity? Thanks for getting back though.

hrym

Is there an option in the menu of the messaging app?  Apologies for misunderstanding - your initial post refers to "text" (singular) throughout.

Sorry about 'text' singular - my mistake. when I click on Messaging in Apps it just takes me to my text messages with no options or other menus to change anything.

Another strange one with the S4 Mini is with predilictive text when typing. If I type ok it changes to on? I type wkg (for working) and it then goes bizarre with crazy words??? I type fast and then send - only for friends to come "what was that?". They send my texts back to me so that I can see what had happened. So, I am now having to laboriously type every word in full all the time. The S3 Mini was incredible - this S4 I'm not so sure?

meant predictive text - sorry.

Sorry to have gone off on a different subject - predictive text. That's sorted - I turned it off. However, predictive text seemed far more intelligent in the S3; S4 predictive text is woeful by comparison.

Original problem stands - texts font re-sizing?

Ok got it! When in text messaging simply click the volume control on the side of the unit and the font size goes up or down - crude but works. I was holding the phone in my hand and accidently squeezed the volume control - hey presto!

jeffkinn
Try a different keyboard for better predictive text. Swiftkey is the most popular android keyboard.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I'm with you on this one. On the S4 the difference between normal and large font isn't that big but the next step up to huge is .... huge! It's very annoying when your eyes aren't as good as they were and I have got used to seeing the texts fairly well on my S3. Is it likely that samsung will do anything about this? - or have they moved on to S6 (or whatever it is) now?