Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

The issue with my VSS is simple. I bouht it, I took it out the box, I installed it and it worked fine for about 18 months to 2 years then the signal stopped. I ignored it for 4 months as I have another VSS upstairs in my office so wasnt too worried about the one downstairs....... but when I did get round to reporting it was told by Vodafone business customer services that the serial number on the back on the VSS is registered at another address and there is nothign they can do to help (and they could not give me the address it is registered to as it is against policy)....

...so my VSS does not work downstairs....and beng told it is not mine is more than a bit frustrating.

bevlyn51
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Registered my Sure Signal today and am recognized as the owner.

However I cannot add users and get an error message:

Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.

@George wrote:

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

"

Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.

"

Hi @MiracleMaud

Yes, this is what Ben means.

Hi @welsh_sponger

I’d try a different web browser and clearing cache and cookies first.

If that doesn’t work, Live help will be able to add a new user for you.

Hi @simonlala

We’ll need to look into this in more detail. I’ve sent you a private message with details of how to get in touch.

Hi @juli_carey

The link would take to a private message sent by Ben.

I’ve resent it for you.

Only the original owner is able to deregister a Sure Signal. If the owner isn’t prepared to contact us directly, we’re unable to deregister it.

Hi @DarrellShand

Has the number previously been registered with any of the Sure Signal boxes, for example was the number with Vodafone before moving it over to EE?

The Sure Signal you’re trying to register on that account, from what you’re saying it sounds like it’s already registered elsewhere.

If so, you need to deregister it from the original number owner first before registering with your ported number.

Hi @bevlyn51

Please follow the instructions I posted to @welsh_sponger earlier in this post.

Thanks,

Simon

I've read that sure signal devices automatically deregister after 3 months of no use, is that true?

Hi @juli_carey,

We wouldn't do this.

If the Sure Signal is not used for 12 months, it'll be suspended from our end.

Thanks,

Matt B

and then what? Do you mean that its then unuseable or that it can be registered then?

I think I've read that you won't do anything if its been unused for 12 months and therefore you get to make more money by selling yet another one :smileyfrustrated:

sausage28
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi 

Bought my sure signal 4 years ago and was happy with Vodafone.  Now I am a very unhappy customer as my sure signal administrator rites have been changed to a person I have no knowledge of - does anyone recognise the name Celio Silva? The sure signal is now not working and only 1top light is flashing on a  v1.  We have tried all the trouble shooting advice with no success.

After making numerous calls to Vodafone with 8 promised call backs including 2 from a manager (none of which have happened) we are still waiting.  It's now gone beyond a joke.

I have been told that Vodafone needed to contact the third party Celio Silva to remove them as administrator of my device.  We received a text to say the person had deregistered the sure signal, but still shows on my account. with the last call to customer relations, I was asked to provide a proof of purchase to prove the sure signal wasn't bought from eBay, as the person couldn't see web based orders. This we have as the original email confirmation. Unfortunately no one has bothered to get back to us to use this information to sort out this problem.

Vodafone PLEASE SORT OUT THIS ISSUE as this is not good customer service.

Our serial number is 21224512588

Hi @sausage28,

Our Live help team can look into this further for you.

@juli_carey - Sure Signals require a licence to use them. If they're not used for a minimum of 12 months, you may lose connectivity. If this happens, you'd need to purchase a new one. 

Thanks, 

Kay

cmariaoneill
1: Seeker

Hello, I've tried ordering a phone off here - first time and everytime I add in previous address and hit "add" after it, it says an error message and that the highlighted fields would help correct me,

they haven't :Sad_face: 

Hi @cmariaoneill 

You haven't mentioned if it's a Pay Monthly phone or Pay as you go.

If you're still having problems, Live help are available.

Thanks,

Ian